JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Legends and Pioneers » Paul Schafer » A Weekend With Schaf (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: A Weekend With Schaf
OH at work
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OH at work   Email OH at work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the story. I had the pleasure of calling him about bows a couple of times back in the day. One of the things that sold me on his bow was the first time I called I just wanted to talk about the advantages/disadvantages of an elevated rest. We were probably on the phone for a half hour or more and I didn't even discuss the possibility of purchasing a bow from him. He was a gentleman and just fun to talk to. Wish I had been able to get to know him better.

Joe

Posts: 1071 | From: Dayton, Oh | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rocky Reimer
Contributor 2016
Member # 7014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky Reimer   Email Rocky Reimer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry....Thanks for the new memories!!!
Posts: 340 | From: GA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimesville Assassin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grimesville Assassin   Email Grimesville Assassin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing Barry!

--------------------
Traditional Archery is only an Addiction, If your trying to quit.

Posts: 124 | From: Muncy, Pa | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LV2HUNT
SPONSOR
Member # 3030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LV2HUNT   Email LV2HUNT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was fun, thanks!
Posts: 1339 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bishop
Contributor 2012
Member # 6875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bishop   Email Bishop       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry!
Posts: 706 | From: Southwest Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tpoof
Member # 9947

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tpoof   Email tpoof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good memories indeed! Thanks for sharing!
Posts: 70 | From: Saskatchewan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tukudu
Contributor 2014
Member # 2768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tukudu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, many thanks. I just love laughing by myself. Great story.

--------------------
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Posts: 1167 | From: Evergreen Colorado | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1/4 away
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 away   Email 1/4 away   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, AWESOME story, thanks for sharing it.

--------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posts: 3874 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VTer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VTer   Email VTer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, we need you back in VT. Them ice driving skills are getting bred out of the younger generation by all them people escaping the hustle and bustle of whereever they come from. Of course your good breeding years are probably over. Good story.

--------------------
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
- Doug Lawson.

Posts: 1310 | From: Essex Junction, Vermont | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shick   Email shick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, wine has nothing on you, buddy; you just keep getting better and better with time. Keep it up.............Shick

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Posts: 1690 | From: Pa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Phillips
Contributor 2017
Member # 9613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,
Please keep those stories of Paul coming from time to time <-------------<<< I have about 8 photos of him and the Quote "Paul Schafer The Best the World Never Knew "

Thanks for the read.

T. Phillips aka diablo

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
* Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
* Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
* N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
* N.J.Bowhunters *

Posts: 2834 | From: Peru,Ma | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kojac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good breeding years are probable over...lol

now that funny!!!! [jumper]

by the way, thanks for the read "uncle bense"

--------------------
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Posts: 1001 | From: Somewhere in Montana | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob@helleknife.com
Contributor 2007
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob@helleknife.com   Author's Homepage   Email bob@helleknife.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry...Miller Time !! Put you in charge of customer relations.

Nice read.

Bob

--------------------
Beware of all enterprises that require a new suit.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Posts: 506 | From: Bend, Oregon | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee Viv
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee Viv   Email Lee Viv       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job, Barry! Love those kind of stories. It was your October Whitetails video shooting you Silvertip that led me to become interested in them, so I guess a double thanks is in order!

Lee [Not Worthy]

Posts: 1424 | From: Lankster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sgrogg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sgrogg   Email sgrogg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

I really enjoyed the story and hope there are more to follow.

Steve

Posts: 978 | From: Auburn, IN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©