JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Legends and Pioneers » Paul Schafer » A Weekend With Schaf (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: A Weekend With Schaf
mlmealey
Contributor 2016
Member # 7084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlmealey   Email mlmealey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks BW, GREAT story, I remember when i meet Paul for the first time in 1986 at his home i was in Montana for the first Trad shoot at Brunner's place, Paul offered to sell me the bow knife and print that he was selling for $2500.00 to help pay for the last leg of his Grand Slam sheep hunt, he offered it to me for $1500.00 at that time it mite as well been $15,000.00 what a class guy, your lucky to have had him as your friend that's what hunting is all about.

--------------------
IBA life member
PBS regular member
Compton TB member

Posts: 286 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Walker
2017 Contributor
Member # 54

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Walker         Edit/Delete Post 
Great story Barry, Thank you,Mike
Posts: 2899 | From: Virginia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BMN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BMN   Email BMN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry. Really enjoyed the story.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Posts: 1495 | From: Overland Park, Kansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee Viv
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee Viv   Email Lee Viv       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Tradgang is great! A story about Schaf, a thread about Silvertips, and my Paul Schafer print came today! Christmas in January for me.

Lee [clapper]

Posts: 1424 | From: Lankster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlmealey
Contributor 2016
Member # 7084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlmealey   Email mlmealey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, See if Gene or yourself will write and tell the story about Paul and his new possible world record sheep (Green Score)that he left sitting on the fire place mantel.

Thanks Mike

--------------------
IBA life member
PBS regular member
Compton TB member

Posts: 286 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry.....for sharing a little more adventure with us.

BTW, for those that read it earlier, I added a pic at the bottom of Barry's story.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30671 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunter John
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunter John   Email Hunter John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing quite like a story of Pals out hunting.Thank you for sharing

John

--------------------
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Posts: 552 | From: Ancaster Ontario Canada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler Carlson
Cadet
Member # 5324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler Carlson   Email Tyler Carlson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uncle Barry- Thanks! It was nice to hear that story again. With Dad being on call when Paul died, you may have been the first person close to Paul to hear about it. He still remembers calling you the day it happened.

--------------------
"The desert's quiet and Cleveland's cold..."

Posts: 173 | From: Whitefish, Montana | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksbowman   Email ksbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent story telling about a remarkable man! Keep up the stories we love em. Ben

--------------------
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Posts: 1859 | From: Paola,kansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sant-Ravenhill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sant-Ravenhill   Email Sant-Ravenhill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With everyone else...THANK YOU!!
Posts: 411 | From: Montana | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for the kind words. And thank you Terry for walking me through the posting of it. By the way, for those of you that read it the first couple hours it was listed, you might have noticed Terry removed the paragraph about the Playboy centerfolds that was originally included. This being a family website and that paragraph being sort of "R" rated, we decided to delete that part. Some R-rated material will turn sour if you have a dirty mind. It makes for great campfire stories though. Hope to see some of you in Kalamazoo this weekend. BW
Posts: 1086 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fedrizzi
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fedrizzi   Email Mark Fedrizzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....Thanx for sharing Barry

--------------------
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Posts: 1236 | From: Middletown, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler Carlson
Cadet
Member # 5324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler Carlson   Email Tyler Carlson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Barry, Please send me the part about the Playboy centerfolds. I'm sure it couldn't be any worse than the stuff I read in that book of Gene's that he left in the Invisiblind. Sincerely, Tyler

--------------------
"The desert's quiet and Cleveland's cold..."

Posts: 173 | From: Whitefish, Montana | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david janssen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david janssen   Email david janssen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the great story,It sure made my day.

--------------------
David Janssen

Posts: 936 | From: Cass City,Mich | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mr. Wensel! The Mrs. wanted to know why I was laughing at the computer.
Posts: 7480 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©