JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Legends and Pioneers » Paul Schafer » A Weekend With Schaf (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: A Weekend With Schaf
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks man, it took me to those river bottoms on this bleak N.Y. morning.Great story!
Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Leffler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Leffler   Email Steve Leffler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, great story! Do you think Greg got his hunting skills from his mother's side of the family?
Posts: 198 | From: Vermont | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry. Love the Treebark camo outfits in the picture, really dates it. Thanks for taking time to share a piece of bowhunting legend with us all.

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5099 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich LaBombard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich LaBombard   Email Rich LaBombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry:
Nicely done!

I notice that the people that knew Paul, say
"I really miss that man".

He had a tremendous impact. I wish I had the chance to meet him.

Please: More memories!

Posts: 390 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VTer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VTer   Email VTer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dad....is that you? You don't need to take me hunting, but you do owe me and my momma a lot of back child support. Don't listen to Leffler, they only made him head doctor because he kept cutting himself with his scalpel!

--------------------
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
- Doug Lawson.

Posts: 1310 | From: Essex Junction, Vermont | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimDougan
2017 Contributor
Member # 8812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TimDougan   Email TimDougan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry great read thanks for taking the time to share. Paul was truly a great man. TD.
Posts: 958 | From: Erie, PA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chad Sivertsen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad Sivertsen   Email Chad Sivertsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya Barry, thanks for sharing that. Don't think I heard that one before. I spoke with Paul a few times at MBA banquets and his modesty was refreshing considering his accomplishments as a bowhunter.

--------------------
Happy Trails,
Chad

Posts: 341 | From: T. Falls, Montana, Western Wilderness | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since this thread died I've received multiple inquiries regarding the part Terry Green and I deleted about Schaf and the Playboy centerfolds. As my wife said, "Men!!" You'll be glad to hear the above article in it's entirety (the "R" rated version) will be included in the upcoming issue of PBS members magazine "The Professional Bowhunter". BW
Posts: 1086 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Walker
2017 Contributor
Member # 54

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Walker         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry,I'm a PBS member,so I can't wait to read the "R" rated version and get the whole story....Mike
Posts: 2899 | From: Virginia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©