JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Legislation & Policies » Health Dept.: Homeless Can’t Eat Deer Meat (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Health Dept.: Homeless Can’t Eat Deer Meat
Living_waters
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Living_waters   Author's Homepage   Email Living_waters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We received 300lb of ground venison from Missouri's Share the Harvest. All the meat was donated to a local butcher so local hunters were helping people in their own community. Without programs like this our soup kitchen would probably cease to exist. Mo has very little funding for programs like ours and with out sponsorship from any foundation or church we depend on these programs.

2 years ago we received 2000lbs of slightly dented cans from the USDA for our food pantry. A few days later we got a visit from the state health department. The lady told me we had to dispose of all the cans because we couldn't give out dented cans. I just gave her the number of the director of the USDA program that gave us the cans. Two weeks later I called her boss because I hadnt heard from them. Her boss told me she received a call from the director of USDA and we were good on the inspection and would not hear from them again unless they had a complaint. And we havent lol
It is a shame LA has refused its needy residents a healthy meal. From my experience what the government subsidizes food pantries and soup kitchens with is high calorie, fat saturated food that doesnt have the health of the recipient in mind.

--------------------
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Posts: 398 | From: Southeast Missouri | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Armstrong
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Armstrong   Email Robert Armstrong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drive by a cattle feed lot and tell me beef is safer than vinison.
Posts: 363 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angus   Email Angus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armstrong:
Drive by a cattle feed lot and tell me beef is safer than vinison.

be sure to hold your nose when you do!!!

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate member
Wenatchi River Traditional Archers

Posts: 345 | From: Leavenworth, WA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet they didn't mention what health risks they are referring to.

Furthermore, That mentally Ill drug addict at the shelter could have chose to eat elsewhere rather than eat the food and complain afterward.

I get the same thing at the rehab where I work. Our food is really good. Almost daily I will bring in someone who was living in dumpsters the day before, complain about the food.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16836 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nleroux2
Contributor 2015
Member # 39819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nleroux2   Email nleroux2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't most states have laws against wasting game meat? I've read most of them (state regs.), and have yet to find an exception for government officials. They should be charged with the violation if La. has such a law. The only exception would be if the health department actually tested the meat and found it contaminated or spoiled.

I say, arrest them.

--------------------
I hunt; Therefore I eat well.
Currently in the freezer: Venison, Hog.

Posts: 56 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©