JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Legislation & Policies » Technology

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Technology
Roadkill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadkill   Email Roadkill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevada just became a drone test site. I used to manage an airport here that has been designated a drone site.
They are working on fire fighting drones and other applications we all can agree are beneficial to the woodsmen
Before I retired from the Marines, we had hand launched planes we used to peek over hills.
It will not be long before outfitters use these drones to fly over areas to spot game, and take clients to them.
Is it now not time to get your state officials to post legislation to have a " no fly 24 hours in advance" legislation?
We can either sit back and watch our hidey holes discovered and ruined by infrared equipped drones before they start, or fight the uphill battle once they do it and get big money behind it.
Having been in meetings, most of us have no clue as to what these things can do. Ruining traditional hunting may be a biproduct

--------------------
goodness of woodness, Semper Fidelis. Molon labe

Posts: 3047 | From: Nevada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thoughts, and yes, I believe someone will do just what you said. Humans have a way.....

ChuckC

Posts: 7300 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being proactive is much easier than trying to fix an existing problem.

I think the saying is an ounce of prevention....

Good insight.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17129 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skilonbw
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skilonbw   Email skilonbw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Colorado I believe the local BHA chapter went ahead are working on getting a ban in place with a vote.
Posts: 278 | From: CO | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©