JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Legislation & Policies » Drones for bow hunting???? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Drones for bow hunting????
tradarcher816
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradarcher816   Email tradarcher816   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad... Just sad

--------------------
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

"The government never gave anybody anything." John Wayne

Posts: 465 | From: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradarcher816
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradarcher816   Email tradarcher816   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to be clear sad that somebody would use one if given the chance

--------------------
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

"The government never gave anybody anything." John Wayne

Posts: 465 | From: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 7420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadbow   Email kadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is illegal to use them for big game in Colorado.

--------------------
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Nebraska Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2542 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan bree
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan bree   Email Dan bree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wake up and it's a great fall day . I think I'll go hunting today I turn on my computer take a sip of my expensive scotch and lite up a Cuban cigar .there he is a poop and yorn buck ! I take aim and press a button good shot I tell them you can keep the meat. I'm a vegan life is good !

--------------------
Dan Breen

Posts: 539 | From: NJ | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadkill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadkill   Email Roadkill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are always those who take the easy way. When you begin to see the military gear being recycled into civilian markets, you will be amazed. I am fearful for our sport. I have already written my state senators asking for regulations to protect legitimate hu ters.

--------------------
goodness of woodness, Semper Fidelis. Molon labe

Posts: 3013 | From: Nevada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
14mpg
Member # 35376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 14mpg   Author's Homepage   Email 14mpg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure I heard a story about some peta members harassing some gun hunters with a drone, which promptly got shot down. Not sure of the details though

--------------------
Grit + Grain Flooring
Eugene, Or

Posts: 32 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they would be cool. Not only could we find game outright, we can outfit them with the most current heat seek technology so we can find the critters day or night.

Think about using it to find bedding AND feeding areas. Then, you can send it beyond the critter and have a round up, driving it past the hunters.

Then, we can make a set up where the unit is equipped with a small version of a crossbow, powered by compressed gas or a small explosive device.

We don't even have to go outside in the cold or rain.

This is getting better and better.

And use the heat signature to find the critter and mark it using GPS technology so we can find it.

Then we can send out a remote controlled 4 wheeler complete with hook arm to drag the critter out of the woods and put it into the back of the pick up so we can drive around and show everybody what we got.

I love the future.

So, since I will be sitting on my. . backside doing all of this, Is a 20# bow enough to kill a deer ?
ChuckC

Posts: 7241 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
Contributor 2017
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
only if you use a draw-loc, expandable head, ILF with laser range finder and sighting setup that shoots over 250fps. [Smile]

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1763 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott E
Contributor 2017 - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott E   Author's Homepage   Email Scott E   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 14mpg:
Pretty sure I heard a story about some peta members harassing some gun hunters with a drone, which promptly got shot down. Not sure of the details though

Sounds like good practice for wing shooting. [biglaugh]

--------------------
Self reliance cannot be bought

Posts: 1091 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©