JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Legislation & Policies » CROSSBOWS are NOT part of ARCHERY ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CROSSBOWS are NOT part of ARCHERY ...
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to the few who just don't get it ...

while we surely respect your right to your opinion that crossbows are somehow part of archery, please do not express those opinions here at trad gang.

if we find such posts, they will be removed.

if you persist, and go against your host's wishes and rules, you will be removed.

[readit]

thank you for your understanding and please continue to enjoy trad gang.

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9897 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnovo
Contributor 2017
Member # 6889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnovo   Email dnovo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob, Thank you!

--------------------
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Posts: 1502 | From: Imperial, MO | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stringwacker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stringwacker   Email Stringwacker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto!
Posts: 121 | From: Union Ms | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
Contributor 2016
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
second that motion

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1678 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott E
Contributor 2016 - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott E   Author's Homepage   Email Scott E   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate crossbows with all my heart. Shoot a gun or shoot a bow. Don't shoot a gun that shoots an arrow and tell me its a bow.

--------------------
Self reliance cannot be bought

Posts: 1049 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Vought
Contributor 2015
Member # 393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Vought   Email Ron Vought   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much Rob but let me correct you ...CROSSGUN [Smile]

Ron

Posts: 1167 | From: South East, PA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Vought:
Thank you very much Rob but let me correct you ...CROSSGUN [Smile]

Ron

i've been corrected, sir! [scared] [biglaugh]

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9897 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
Contributor 2017
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally can't stand them I call Them STRING GUNS! They make my blood pressure go up even when I see em!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 2979 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do not hate crossbows.

my dad built them back in the 50's.

i appreciate the machines that they are, but they are not traditional archery.

they are preloaded weapons, and as such are "firearms" just like any other preloaded ready-to-fire weapon. that in of itself is not a problem.

the new versions of compact cam operated "crossbows" barely even have limbs, and like any crossbow they can accept a rifle scope.

BUT, the main issues is that they are preloaded weapons.

when politico's deem a crossbow to be a weapon of archery, THAT is THE problem.

--------------------

Bowguy67
Member # 45078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowguy67   Email Bowguy67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First post n Amen to that!
Posts: 7 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

and now, to make matters far worse yet, there is the crosman "airbow" - no strings attached, anywhere. just sickening ....

--------------------

Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That it what I am adding to the "I hate NY" post Rob.

--------------------
Vice President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
All the best to you and yours
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1328 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no problem with those who shoot crossbows, but do not call them archery. They should be hunted in the rifle season, not any archery or primitive weapons season. However, the biggest problem with all our thoughts and objections is simple - MONEY TALKS.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4338 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Rob. I do not hate Cross bows, or Cross Guns or Air Guns who shoot arrows. They just do not belong in Archery season.

Manufacturers just know however they do not have a chance to sell these things if they are solely included in Rifle season.

Aside from all the debates about whether these things are OK for archery season, I fear all the municipalities who have allowed Archery within their borders as far as practice, did not have the Crossgun in mind.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16506 | From: Pattersonville, NY | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©