INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Legislation & Policies » Threat to our hunting rights? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Threat to our hunting rights?
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no bill that is going to happen with an executive order like this, it is called tyranny. It is patriotic that we demand that politicians uphold the constitution and not allow special interests to throw it away or rewrite it to suit their desires.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5791 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeff w
Contributor 2015
Member # 569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff w   Email jeff w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SheltonCreeker:
This is purely an opinions thread. No identifiable bill or law has been posted about.

It's being done by executive action-what a surprise.
Posts: 645 | From: east ky | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristopherO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristopherO   Author's Homepage   Email ChristopherO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SheltonCreeker,
Your comment, "No plan of action such as call your State Rep. Congressman or Senator." is not correct. The BATFE has proposed this, not as legislation but as bureaucracy. We Americans have until March 16th to voice our opinion on this subject to the administration, our Congressmen and the BATFE. I have done just that and hope many more of my fellow archers will, too.
There are plenty of organizations that will assist you in making your voice heard. A quick search on the net can take you to the proper links very timely.
Again, thank you for your time,
Christopher Owens

Posts: 929 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have made calls with one message, the time for impeachment is NOW.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5791 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SheltonCreeker
Contributor 2014
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheltonCreeker   Email SheltonCreeker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christopher,
Thanks for posting a plan of action. Happy to join the fight.

--------------------
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 1228 | From: Dahlgren Illinois | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiqhyW_FO0Q

--------------------
Pavan

Bama Recurve
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bama Recurve   Email Bama Recurve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find this post very appealing.
We all discuss politics and current events at hunting camp. Why not here?
I'm still in my 20's. I hope many years from now I can take my grandchildren hunting as my grandfather took me.

--------------------
"Relax and pick a spot"

Posts: 104 | From: Alabama | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LB_hntr
SPONSOR
Member # 6015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LB_hntr   Author's Homepage   Email LB_hntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of this until your post. I will be researching this and fighting any way I can. Just made my last payment for my lifetime NRA membership.
So tired of all the anti gun stuff, anti hunting stuff, etc. Just imagine what could be done if all the anti this or that was directed to planting food, fighting poverty, support for wounded, programs for children, etc.

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunting Podcast

Posts: 1161 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DK
Member # 7557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DK   Email DK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gents,

I posted this thread because I love this site.. & my country!!! I come hear as well to hear about archery related topics foremost! If I have offended anyone I certainly apologize but our country seems to be at war on our heritage & personal freedoms... Our gun rights and our internet freedom as well with this new FCC net neutrality government regulation of the are at stake...that actually passed today I do believe ... Which if we are not made aware it will affect the freedom to come here and surf the net at free will.... It won't be the same if our government takes over the Internet .....that being said I don't post on these subjects normally if at all because its just come out ... I just wanted to make you all aware ... And at some point we are going to have to take a stand and fight for our rights ..... Just be aware and know what we are in for! We have many veterans on this site and I salute your service to this country!!! I am just bringing this issue to your attention .... If the government are allowed to ban bullets, control our Internet .... What's next? Our longbows, recurves .... Our hunting rights? Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone, but the affordable care act was passed on a bunch of lies ... Just be aware! Once its done ... its done! its very hard to unravel!

God Bless

Posts: 48 | From: Laurel Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
Contributor 2017
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fox news. That's an oxymoron. Nothing like crying fire in a crowded theatre. Not to worry, the NRA will save us. That is if it can take some time away from its efforts to legalize crossbows in every state in the nation.

Don't know many folks who hunt with a 5.56. It's not a threat to hunting rights. We have thousands of other calibers to choose from. Regardless this isn't trad bowhunting related.

Why is it you want to pay big conglomerates more money to use the internet, or perhaps have them tell you you can't use it at all. The net neutrality ruling protects the little guy. Likewise with the Affordable Care Act. Government does that. Looks out for the folks who can't or don't know how to take care of themselves. Maybe you would like to take on AT&T and Verizon and the big health insurance companies on your own. I'm astounded. This isn't traditional bowhunting related either.

Posts: 8566 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinky
2017 Contributor
Member # 39339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinky   Email pinky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Originally posted by TSP:
Sorry, but I don't see where this topic is archery-related so...why come here with it? [dunno]
I think if you are going to throw this thread topic out there onto a Traditional Archery site you should at least site your source.
I'm here in MT and have my rifles too.
Disappointed that this is still a thread.

--------------------
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)
Trails End TD (Good Medicine)
Wes Wallace LB (Royal)

Public Land Hunter

Posts: 331 | From: Msla, MT | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bladepeek
Contributor 2017
Member # 24206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bladepeek   Email Bladepeek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here. Tell me again how you use steel core .223 ammo for hunting. I for one am sick and tired of the steel gongs being shot up at our little gun club. I'm a life member of NRA too, but we need to pick our fights. I won't back this one.

Lets turn this back into a trad archery site.

--------------------
62" Blacktail Snakebit LH 38@28
60" Bear Super K 40#@28
66" Sparrow hawk LH 42@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62" Lost Creek Judge RH 44@28
52" Bear KMag LH 45@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 46/43@28

Posts: 4060 | From: Greenville, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverrat 2
2017 Contributor
Member # 25061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverrat 2   Author's Homepage   Email riverrat 2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let it all go down. Honestly. All you hear,and see is fear breeding,and negative consumption. Our freedoms are frayed. Good men died for those. It does not matter in a lot of ways. Veterans are not treated fair,and liberal media has the pulse of the masses anymore. Let it all go down. I've got a bunch of beans. I can hole up for a long,long time. I know you boys can to. I buy ammo any time I see it for the guns I own. The United Nations Building has a revolver statue in front of it with the barrel tied in a knot. Fact. Just be ready. Something bad,and unprecedented could happen these days. You should have a plan for yourself,and family. rat'

--------------------
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Posts: 1522 | From: Grand Haven,Michigan | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Barr
2017 Contributor
Member # 38047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Barr   Email Scott Barr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moderators: please pull this thread. Way too much opinion and politics and not enough about archery. The positivity between bowhunters is eroding.
Posts: 458 | From: San Diego, California | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles m
Contributor 2017
Member # 2599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles m         Edit/Delete Post 
Astounded? Yes, all those that died whipping the British so we could live under our OWN constitution, and NOT the stroke of a pen from a so called king.

What do I have to say????

Bhaaa, Bhaaa, follow your king and his henchmen and henchwomen off a cliff.

Posts: 337 | From: pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©