JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Legislation & Policies » Drone video of a buck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drone video of a buck
NIGEL01
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 22184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NIGEL01   Email NIGEL01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was searching youtube and found a video of someone following a buck in the marsh. At first it looked neat, but as the video went on I felt the deer was being harassed as it kept trying to run away. I can already see how these will be abused. I don't have the link.
Posts: 825 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matty
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matty   Email Matty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty certain I read in the Colorado DOW regs. That the use of drones for the purpose of hunting was forbidden. You can imaging how it would seem like "harassment" toward the animals for sure. I bet before long most states adopt a law that removes the use for scouting/hunting.
Posts: 4004 | From: Fort Collins,Colorado | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biathlonman
Contributor 2017
Member # 13332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biathlonman   Email Biathlonman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a bill in the Kentucky house now banning them from hunting, scouting, etc. Really hope it passes.
Posts: 3719 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Already illegal to use any unmanned mechanical device to pursue fish or game in Michigan.

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 860 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jsweka
Contributor 2015
Member # 21094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jsweka   Email jsweka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a quick youtube search on "drone and deer", I found several such videos. Bad, Bad, Bad.

I swear that if I ever see any drone flying around and I have any sort of weapon in my hands, I will do my best to shoot it down.

--------------------
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Posts: 3388 | From: Howard Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fujimo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fujimo   Email fujimo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i second you on that- a few guys in town have them- and i WILL shoot them down if they come near me!!
Posts: 3181 | From: Queen Charlotte Islands, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matty
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matty   Email Matty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jsweka:
In a quick youtube search on "drone and deer", I found several such videos. Bad, Bad, Bad.

I swear that if I ever see any drone flying around and I have any sort of weapon in my hands, I will do my best to shoot it down.

I think they have their time and place. They make for nice Arial footage. But for harassing wild life. I'm not for. One of the members of our archery range made a very nice HD video using his.
Posts: 4004 | From: Fort Collins,Colorado | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadkill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadkill   Email Roadkill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to get our state to take action. The answer was/is: we have a law against hunting on the same day you fly!
Harassment was not covered, and they were already investigating a case of folks chasing elk to hunters

--------------------
goodness of woodness, Semper Fidelis. Molon labe

Posts: 2877 | From: Nevada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©