JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Legislation & Policies » Vote to keep grizzly hunting legal (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Vote to keep grizzly hunting legal
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fried my first bit of javelina and put the second batch in the crock pot like a pot roast. The trick is to not touch the meet with knife, hands, or anything that has touched the hide. The scent is all over the hide and especially around the scent gland.
Posts: 2509 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here is the best javi recipe that I have found:

1. Skin javi (being careful not to mess with the musk gland on the back) and lay out flat on a piece of clean plywood.

2. Take a 2x4 and beat the crap out of the javi to tenderize it.

3. Throw the javi away and eat the 2x4!

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11671 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[biglaugh]
Posts: 2509 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daz
Contributor 2017
Member # 17422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daz   Email Daz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will probably get me tarred and feathered here, but Bisch's recipe describes my experiences with how wild turkey should be handled...I've never killed one, but i have eaten a few helpings and have found it be a pretty unpleasant experience every time.

--------------------
Less anger, more troubleshooting...

Posts: 433 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daz:
This will probably get me tarred and feathered here, but Bisch's recipe describes my experiences with how wild turkey should be handled...I've never killed one, but i have eaten a few helpings and have found it be a pretty unpleasant experience every time.

Ever had it soaked in buttermilk and chicken fried? Mmm-mmm Good!!!!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11671 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deno
Contributor 2017
Member # 44244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deno   Email Deno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[biglaugh]

Deno

--------------------
United Bowhunters of New Jersey
Traditional Archers of New Jersey
Howard Hill Wesley Special 70#
Howard Hill Big 5 65#

Posts: 371 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bisch:
OK, here is the best javi recipe that I have found:

1. Skin javi (being careful not to mess with the musk gland on the back) and lay out flat on a piece of clean plywood.

2. Take a 2x4 and beat the crap out of the javi to tenderize it.

3. Throw the javi away and eat the 2x4!

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Bisch

My cousins have a similar receipt for bluefish. The only difference is they put it on a shingle and leave it on the roof for a few weeks. [laughing]
Posts: 425 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone likes what they like. We are a weird species. We have large brains and rationalize the heck out of things. Sometimes, due to wiring code differences, what I rationalize is not what you rationalize.

In all cases of rationalization however, a common thread appears to be.... I am right and you are wrong.

Killing a griz, or a wolf, or a coyote, for whatever reason we have is " not good" to many folks. Terrible, but those mice that get into my stuff, or chipmunks that burrow under my sidewalk and cause it to sink, or groundhog that digs up and eats up my gardens, or those mosquitos and ticks.... or the birds that crap on my new car.....kill all of those *****s. They are worthless creatures. I should know... I said so. and I am right.

Posts: 7241 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bornagainbowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 21829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bornagainbowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email bornagainbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ChuckC is correct.

--------------------
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Posts: 1958 | From: Crow Mnt., Arkansas | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
Contributor 2017
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
makes me question who owns the poll as it seems to be worded for EMOTION and against TROPHY HUNTING.

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1763 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark R
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO hunting in todays world comes down to wildlife management and who commits more and puts there money to that more than ethical hunters. I myself have no motivation to trophy hunt, if I don't like to eat it I have to have an ethical reason to kill it, all within management laws and regulations,hopefully intelligent ones.
Posts: 193 | From: il. | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©