Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Events and Gatherings » Back from IBO Trad World at Cloverdale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back from IBO Trad World at Cloverdale
T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T. W. Harris   Email T. W. Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks, just got back from the IBO Trad. World at Cloverdale. As always Ken, Mike, Levy, Jimmy and all the IBO folks put on a well organized event.

Now, Rhonda & I really didn't really go to compete, AS THOUGH WE COULD, LOL. We went because as I said when I first went to an IBO Trad event, you meet not only some of the best shooters there, but some of the nicest as well.

Rhonda and I saw some old friends as well as making some new ones.

We got to shoot the Hunters Challenge Range with my friend, who I met at the IBO at Twin Oaks three years ago, Mike Rash w/ Legends Bows. Not only did I get to visit with Mike but he got to meet Rhonda and I got to meet his lovely bride Debbie, along with her son Bryce.

We got to witness some fine shoot-downs with some outstanding shooters.

Yesterday evening, we all got to watch Debbie shoot in the Women's Shoot-Off. Now this was only Debbie's second time to shoot in an IBO event, the first one was the IBO Trad World held in California this year who Mike help to head up.

Well, being nervous would certainly be expected, but when Debbie was paired with the young lady who was last year's IBO Trad World Champ Champion and Spain's Athlete of the Year (UNBELIEVABLE ARCHER), she really got nervous.

But, let me say that Debbie rash held her own and finished only three points behind her in their round, PRETTY DARN RESPECTABLE!!!

I'll close with this, everyone needs to experience the IBO Trad Worlds, even if you don't want to compete in the event, there's a Hunters Challenge Range you'll truly enjoy.

Terry Harris

Posts: 1109 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
britt
Contributor 2015
Member # 12124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for britt   Email britt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, maybe next year for my wife and I.

--------------------
"My gratitude speaks when I care and when I share the trad. way"

Posts: 796 | From: Greeley,Colorado | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legends1
SPONSOR
Member # 10658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legends1   Author's Homepage   Email legends1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Terry, Debbie and i had a wonderful time at the IBO and sharing it with you and Rhonda made it even better. As Terry said, the IBO is not only a great event but a great gathering of trad archers and trad venders. Yes, I was very proud of my wife Debbie. We had a great weekend of shooting. If you havnt attended a IBO Championship you real are missing out. The Hunter Challenge is a great event within the IBO Championship. Hope to see you all at the next IBO. We will be having the IBO Traditional West Coast Championship here in California in April 2014.
Terry,cant wait to see you and Rhonda at a shoot in the near future.
Mike

--------------------
Legends Bows
http://www.legendsbows.com

Posts: 1845 | From: La Grange,California | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NightHawk
Contributor 2008
Member # 731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NightHawk   Email NightHawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If You liked the IBO shoot, then you should come out to Cloverdale Trad Nationals in June. The guys seem to out do themselves every year and thats not easy after 25+ years.
I have never seen another club set up targets the way Cloverdale does. The scenarios are very realistic, an example would be a pack of wolves chasing several elk targets

--------------------
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1611 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2015
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cloverdale is an unbeatable shoot! Best 3D range I have ever been on. I have been to all but maybe two Cloverdale Nationals since the beginning.
Posts: 3393 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©