Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Events and Gatherings » TBG Dan Quillian Memorial State Shoot 2017

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TBG Dan Quillian Memorial State Shoot 2017
Lady Frost
Contributor 2016
Member # 43292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Frost   Email Lady Frost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got to camp out the entire weekend complete with good friends and a good campfire-I have been waiting a long time for this!! These events ease the wait for the next hunting season!! Also got to meet fellow Tradganger Pete McMiller, who traveled all the way from Wisconsin!! Whew!! It was so good to see all the people that I don't normally get to see on the monthly shoots and other events!! Miss all of you already and can't wait until next year!! Enjoy the pics everyone!!

http://imgur.com/a/s2SYH

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Posts: 405 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz, it was good to see you again, and I enjoyed shooting with you and Charlie. Thanks for posting all the pictures. It was a fun shoot, even if I didn't shoot very well. I always look forward to this event. The venue is nice, and the club officers and volunteers did a very good job setting it all up.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4683 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mj seratt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mj seratt   Email mj seratt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz, did you by chance get to meet Sue Bigham from Tennessee? She is our Queen of the Lost Tribe Traditional Archers of Tennessee, and one fine shot with her bow. If you met her, you'll never forget her. They just don't make them any nicer or sweeter than Sue. And at times, she's won just about every state championship in the South. She doesn't compete quite as much as she used to, but she's still a force to be reckoned with.

--------------------
mjseratt

Posts: 183 | From: bartlett, tn | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a fun time!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11670 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Frost
Contributor 2016
Member # 43292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Frost   Email Lady Frost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bisch! It was a great time!! Sam, it was so good to see you too, and you shot fine!! Charlie enjoyed himself alot, he is definitely hooked and is a great shot! I am looking forward to hunting with him this fall!! MJ I did meet Sue and she is the sweetest!! She took first place in Womens Recurve! It was fun shooting with her!!

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Posts: 405 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHunterGA
SPONSOR
Member # 4952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHunterGA   Author's Homepage   Email BowHunterGA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate I missed it this year but honestly if given the choice between hunting and shooting foam....I will choose hunting everytime. Luckily I get to see most of the folks that attend the state shoot about once a month because I miss the people more than the shooting. Glad everyone had a great time and congrats to all the winners.....I will be back next year to torment the guys in the men's longbow class. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Simply Traditional

Like Simply Traditional on Facebook

Posts: 1299 | From: Gainesville, GA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete McMiller   Email Pete McMiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to meet you Liz, as well as several new friends. I hope to be there again next year.

--------------------
Pete

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE [mo 'lon la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Posts: 1333 | From: Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a great time.......when I do get to move down I'll be a player for sure.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15638 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't notice a post on this shoot beforehand. I would have loved to been there Dan was best friends with the guy that taught me to shoot a longbow when I was eight years old he used to tell me about his and Dan's adentures.

Dan did a lot for the sport...including that great challenge to get a state wide bowhunting season for GA.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & Loop Addictions (COMING TODAY !!!!!!!)

Posts: 30563 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the last time I saw Dan was at the Southeastern Traditional Championships in Elberton. Probably the last shoot there.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13112 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
I didn't notice a post on this shoot beforehand. I would have loved to been there Dan was best friends with the guy that taught me to shoot a longbow when I was eight years old he used to tell me about his and Dan's adentures.

Dan did a lot for the sport...including that great challenge to get a state wide bowhunting season for GA.

I know you had your reasons, but getting rid of the events forum makes it harder to keep up with these important events. If deleting threads that have passed the shoot date would help clear up byte space, that is hopefully an option. Kinda like deleting old giveaway threads. Just a thought, Terry. I offer my assistance to keep one updated.

Our club is possibly planning a memorial shoot to honor Ben Graham. Not sure if it will be in May or August. We must get Linda's approval, first.

Respectfully.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7270 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bud....

How about this.....let's do BOTH...

I was trying to get more exposure for shoots on the PowWow....most people that join have no idea what all is offered her and never go anywhere but the PowWow...

Let's leave the PowWow open to shoot threads...AND I'll re-open the Events/Gatherings forum?

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & Loop Addictions (COMING TODAY !!!!!!!)

Posts: 30563 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
Contributor 2017
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 2408 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©