Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Events and Gatherings » First time: Compton's Rendezvous *Pic Heavy* (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First time: Compton's Rendezvous *Pic Heavy*
2wfstlhunting
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2wfstlhunting   Email 2wfstlhunting   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a wonderful and refreshing thing to see a happy family that can and does play together. There is absolutely nothing that can replace the emotion, and the experience of spending time with wife and child. Everybody wins on this one. You are a lucky man and will appreciate those days for many years to come.
What could be more priceless than a little girl and a big girl's smiling face

--------------------
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Wes Wallace Royal Cocobola and Myrtle 62" 57#@27.5
JD Berry Renaissance 62" 60#28"
Bear Grizzly 1960 62" 46# @ 28"
Blacktail Columbia 62" Rosewood and Myrtle 55# at 28"

Posts: 227 | From: newtown pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homey88
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Homey88   Email Homey88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pictures!
Posts: 1208 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deno
Contributor 2017
Member # 44244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deno   Email Deno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made my day. Great post Doc. That little girl is beaming with enthusiasm. Well done!! [clapper]

Deno

--------------------
United Bowhunters of New Jersey
Traditional Archers of New Jersey
Howard Hill Wesley Special 70#
Howard Hill Big 5 65#

Posts: 371 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The smiles on your daughter and wife's faces says it all. Good job
Posts: 2893 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suburbanirma
SPONSOR
Member # 9621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suburbanirma   Email suburbanirma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you had a good time. It was great seeing a young family enjoying archery together.

--------------------
www.tradarchersworld.com

Posts: 757 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gvdocholiday
2017 Contributor
Member # 14784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gvdocholiday   Author's Homepage   Email gvdocholiday   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to post several little 10-15sec vids we took...but I'll put those all into one video and put it on the youtubes.

We picked up that back quiver for my daughter Friday morning. She got addicted to it. She loved drawing arrows from it.

My wife ended up ordering a new bow from Tracey at St Joe. 56" Torrent recurve, a few lbs heavier than the one she has, and with all the bells and whistles she desired(color, veneers, etc.)

Nothing I would have changed...

...well...scratch that. I would have changed where we setup camp. The North half of the CG was in shade at 7pm...where we setup, there was no shade until sunset. That's 3 extra hours of our tent cooking that I could have done without.

--------------------
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Posts: 644 | From: Back home in Brethren, MI | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing all of your great pictures!

I couldn`t make it this year, and really missed it. This helps a lot.

Beautiful family!

Posts: 3495 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leland
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leland   Email Leland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your pics.
Leland

Posts: 821 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
Contributor 2017
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pics, I will tell you if you want shade at Compton you need to be there Wednesday! We arrived Wednesday morning and got the last shade available! It definitely gets hot out in the field.

Steve Jr

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2067 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twitchstick   Email twitchstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire] [clapper]
Posts: 2987 | From: utah | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermon
Contributor 2017
Member # 26115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermon   Email Hermon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know what the Bear bow that was auctioned off brought?
Posts: 2667 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©