JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2007 » Snow Doe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snow Doe
cjones
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjones   Email cjones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took this doe(my first of the new year) on 1/26/07 while hunting on the ground. I shot her at about 10 yards with my zipper recurve and snuffer broadheads. The shot took out both lungs and she only went about 50-60 yards before piling up. My first deer ever in the snow with a bow!

-

--------------------
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 4259 | From: West Union, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats again Chad....I love hunting in the snow too,doesn't happen much around here either....

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
last arrow
Contributor 2017
Member # 7746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for last arrow   Email last arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your still Deer hunting in Ohio - Thats great.

If you need snow, I have plenty at my house, also high tempertures in the teens.

--------------------
“The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.” James Madison

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 923 | From: West Olive, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatstick   Email Flatstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Chad! I didn't know there was still a season open. Mayba an antlerless only or CWD season? Great shot and congrats again [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Posts: 1062 | From: West Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjones
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjones   Email cjones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, Thanks. Our archery deer season runs until Feb. 4th.

--------------------
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 4259 | From: West Union, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Chad, isn’t it great when you get one from the ground? Our management deer season ended January 15 but the mountain lion season goes until the April 15, then bear starts the same day. Guess there isn't any reason to stop hunting. [Big Grin]

Walt Francis

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5548 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seeking Trad Deer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seeking Trad Deer   Author's Homepage   Email Seeking Trad Deer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations...that looks like a nice sized critter [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Earth has no sorrow which Heaven cannot heal...."
- Baptist Minister

Posts: 1287 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big lost river archer
Member # 11629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big lost river archer   Author's Homepage   Email Big lost river archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great doe! Taking it from the ground makes it even better.

--------------------
Excite the spirit

Posts: 3 | From: Mackay Idaho | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jerome ciclet
Member # 11619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jerome ciclet   Email jerome ciclet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations, nice doe !!!
Posts: 18 | From: FRANCE | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.S.TRAPPER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K.S.TRAPPER   Email K.S.TRAPPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job Chad,Looks like good eating to me.
Love hunting in the snow.

Tracy

--------------------
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Posts: 3334 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Ferret
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Ferret   Author's Homepage   Email the Ferret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well well well ol Chad got one standing on the ground eh? Way to go buddy.

--------------------
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Posts: 12891 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©