JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2007 » Outback WA and NT (Jan. to Oct.) updated (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Outback WA and NT (Jan. to Oct.) updated
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A trip through the Gibson where I sunk my first "ship of the desert" with bow-and-arrow:

-

My first big boar, just a dozen kilometres down the river from home in Katherine:

-

A nice little Daly River sow:

-

The bow that took each of these animals is a Black Widow PLX "Bocote", 78#@29". The arrows used are Carbon Express Heritage 350s, wearing Magnus II 2-bladers, for a total weight of 704 grains.

Last Sunday I shot this brumby mare; I'm not sure how this'll go here, with cultural differences and all, but these animals are just another highly-destructive introduced feral animal, damaging the environment and cattle station infrastructure...anyway, you can always think of it as a stripeless zebra!

-

Another couple of swine down...

-

-

[ October 03, 2007, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Ben Kleinig ]

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very Cool!!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robslifts
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robslifts   Email robslifts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow thats amazing wish I could go there and do that

--------------------
St. Joe River Bows

Posts: 1211 | From: Grand Rapids, mi | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gundy
Member # 1605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gundy   Email gundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job Ben, the boar is a thumper...
Posts: 73 | From: Victoria, Australia | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geno
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for geno   Email geno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice job. What the heck is that first pic?

--------------------
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Posts: 816 | From: missouri | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Kidner   Email Al Kidner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again mate, cool pics and well done.

--------------------
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Posts: 2246 | From: Mackay,QLD, Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great stuff mate would love to hear the story behind the camel hunt.
well done

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Grella
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Grella   Email Scott Grella   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
geno,

I'm not positive, but that first pick looks alot like a camel.

Posts: 145 | From: Washington State | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnointedArcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnointedArcher   Author's Homepage   Email AnointedArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] Good stuff!

--------------------
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Posts: 2316 | From: Greenville,Michigan | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to a PowWow thread with the particulars of the downed dromedary camel:

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=040728;p=1

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saltwatertom
Contributor 2014
Member # 11477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saltwatertom   Author's Homepage   Email saltwatertom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you eat some camel? How was it?

--------------------
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Posts: 547 | From: Homer, Alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saltwatertom
Contributor 2014
Member # 11477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saltwatertom   Author's Homepage   Email saltwatertom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yea! just read the thread. I'm ready to go down under. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Posts: 547 | From: Homer, Alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-dog
2017 Contributor
Member # 6871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-dog   Email J-dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool pics, but a question? do yall eat the mare? I have eaten it before and it was good, and I have eaten zebra, so I think that would be alot a good eating right there!

That is one honkin boar too! WOW-

Thanks for sharin!!! Too Cool

Jason

--------------------
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Posts: 2049 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jason,

Nope, we don't eat the ferals we kill usually, with the exception of deer (which I haven't had much to do with) and young goats for the pot. We do occasionally take a bit of meat of scrub cattle and buffalo, but only the younger ones. The other carcasses become bait for pigs.

Cheers,

Ben

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

doublewhopper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublewhopper   Email doublewhopper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, its a bit odd to me seeing someone shooting a horse as a game animal, atleast coming from America. Our American Mustangs are seen as a sign of freedom and strength to most. And if I'm correct I think that they are protected unless the government kills them.
Posts: 102 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©