JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2007 » New Zealand Mountains & Medows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Zealand Mountains & Medows
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Kidner   Email Al Kidner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought I'd post up my first of many to come hunts in the South Island of New Zealand.

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Posts: 2246 | From: Mackay,QLD, Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Kidner   Email Al Kidner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And some more...

-

-

-

-

Hope you enjoy the show!

--------------------
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Posts: 2246 | From: Mackay,QLD, Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Al, great photos there, mate, especially the bee shot!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
downunder
Member # 12693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for downunder   Email downunder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful pictures.
These lands are private lands or a park ?
I was in New Zealand for 3 months.I enjoyed it .
I was in North and south islands .I went in many parks to bowhunt.I didn't see many game.Hunting there is tough but it's great.
Do you have a good place for red deer in south island (without rifle hunters with dogs)?
I am next to NZ so I am suppose to come back often and soon [Wink]

Laurent from New Caledonia

Posts: 6 | From: NOUMEA,New Caledonia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
downunder
Member # 12693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for downunder   Email downunder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will post some pics too. [Wink]
Posts: 6 | From: NOUMEA,New Caledonia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

G'day Downunder,

This land was a private freehold land and all the animals in it are free and wild. No high fence hunting here.

New cal, must be real good Rusa in your area?

--------------------

Stykbowslim
2017 Contributor
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stykbowslim   Email Stykbowslim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics Al... was thinking about hunting New Zealand, maybe someday in the future. Sure is beautiful country !!

--------------------
"Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Posts: 1111 | From: Southern New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnointedArcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnointedArcher   Author's Homepage   Email AnointedArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent pictures and awesome looking time spent afield!

--------------------
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Posts: 2316 | From: Greenville,Michigan | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Here is the whole thread on PowWow...

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=044224;p=1

Only eight pages long!

--------------------

Leland
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leland   Email Leland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love the picture with the dog sitting with the hunters. Thanks-Leland
Posts: 821 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthernArcher
Member # 6650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernArcher   Email NorthernArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is some beautiful coutry! Thanks for the pics.

--------------------
Robertson Primal Styk
66", 53#@28"

Posts: 82 | From: Edmonton, Alberta - Canada | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gover don
Member # 12460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gover don   Email gover don   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures. Al, could you please tell me about your bow and arrows. Beautiful bow and arrows.
Posts: 11 | From: Pasadena Texas | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gover don
Member # 12460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gover don   Email gover don   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures. Al, could you please tell me about your bow and arrows. Beautiful bow and arrows.
Posts: 11 | From: Pasadena Texas | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Don,

Mate the bow was my Black widow PSAX KingWood, 63# @ 30". My arrows where made by me, Douglas Fir, breasted tapered, average weight 623 grains (from my gold fish memory!) and up front leading the charge was Woodsmans heads. Best deer broadhead ever IMHO.

Hope that helps, later. al

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©