JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2007 » Idaho Black Bear, May 2007 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Idaho Black Bear, May 2007
Vig
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vig   Author's Homepage   Email Vig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Finally discovered this thread and figured I might as well contribute.

Idaho, May 2007. Grizzly Bows 3-piece takedown, 55# at 28". 12 yard shot with a lam birch shaft tipped with a 190 gr El Grande grizzly (total wt 720 gr.). A hunt of a lifetime, made a great video too!

--------------------
-----------
The worst day shooting is better than the best day at work.

Posts: 248 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnointedArcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnointedArcher   Author's Homepage   Email AnointedArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gregg job Vig, maybe you could post a little story how it all came togehter? [thumbsup]

--------------------
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Posts: 2316 | From: Greenville,Michigan | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vig
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7371

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Vig   Author's Homepage   Email Vig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have a video but I'm not sure if this is the "proper forum" for posting.

I did post the pic with a little story on the daily hunt & pics threat on the Pow Wow. Thanks for the kind words!

-Vig

[ July 10, 2007, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Vig ]

--------------------
-----------

Posts: 248 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
post the video, Vig! Do it here. Congratulations on the bear. They are really interesting and neat critters to hunt, for sure.

Will check back to see the film. Maybe you could post the link to your powwow thread telling about the hunt so we could shoot over there from here?

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8816 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vig
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vig   Author's Homepage   Email Vig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Great! I know I love to see the pictures and read the stories posted here so I guess I might as well contribute. Here's the link to the brief story on the Pow Wow:
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=040436;p=10

And now, the rest of the story... Many would agree that hunting over a bait is best in the evening (maybe it's easier than getting up early?). Well, we had plenty of proof of this little guy coming in during the day and since I only had 3 days to hunt I didn't want to miss any opportunities. So, I woke everyone up before daylight on my first morning in camp and convinced them to sit in the stands.

My brother Mike left his bow at camp and just brought the video camera to sit with me, while my Dad sat another stand. We weren't in the stand for more than 45 minutes when all the action started to happen. Just when I thought the bear was going to become preoccupied with the bait and give me a shot we heard the crunching of branches behind us down the hill. The bear at the bait also heard the telltale signs of another approaching bear and quickly moved to investigate. When it stood broadside looking for the intruder (which could have possibly been a larger bear) I had a serious case of "what should I do now?" Learning from past experience, I decided to take the opportunity in front of me. Once that decision was made, the rest happened on its own.

When it was all through and we returned to camp we found that my Dad had alreay returned and was taking a nap. I woke him up; he said he didn't see anything and asked if we had seen anything. I said, "only the bear that I double-lunged!" I'll never forget the way he flew out of that sleeping bag to congratulate me.

The experience of this hunt was really incredible. I thank God for the bear, the beautiful country, and for the love of archery and hunting He's given me and my family.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, I think a good hunting video is priceless! I hope you enjoy.
-Vig
 -

--------------------
-----------

Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great video, thank you for sharing.

Danny

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Posts: 7903 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LUCKY MAN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LUCKY MAN   Email LUCKY MAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Stuff !

--------------------
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way
you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Posts: 532 | From: HudsonTexas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curlis
Contributor 2017
Member # 9765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curlis   Email curlis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Video. Thanks for sharing it.

--------------------
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Posts: 1045 | From: Monroe, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Bolin
Contributor 2014
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Bolin   Email Mike Bolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] Mike

--------------------
Black Widow PLIII 62", 49#@28"
Black Widow PLV 62", 50#@28"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3326 | From: West Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yth-mnstr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yth-mnstr   Email yth-mnstr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sweet video!

--------------------
justin ammons

Posts: 472 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love footage!! Beautiful color phase!

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donavan Daniel
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donavan Daniel   Email Donavan Daniel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great video! Congrats on the bear.

Cheers,
Donavan

Posts: 412 | From: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatstick   Email Flatstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats & great video !!!

--------------------
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Posts: 1064 | From: West Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnointedArcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnointedArcher   Author's Homepage   Email AnointedArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Vig, if that doesn't get your heart pumping your dead! [thumbsup]

--------------------
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Posts: 2316 | From: Greenville,Michigan | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Can Hahaka
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Can Hahaka   Email Can Hahaka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was great stuff! Congrats on your bear!

--------------------
Mississippi Lake Longbow 55#@28"
Woodcraft Equip. 30#@28"
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

GENESIS 27:3 - Now therefore, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow and go out to the field and take me some venison.

Posts: 234 | From: Oostburg, WI | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©