JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2007 » first whitetail off the ground

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: first whitetail off the ground
flightmedic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flightmedic   Email flightmedic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i shot her last nite with my Striker Stinger 50# with a cedar shaft and a 125 magnus, this was 1st time i used a double bull matrix, i was skeptical about using it for whitetails, i used there suggestions and broke up the roof line real good, and brused it in fairley well. she came within 10 yds or so circled around the front of the blind, i was skeptical about using the shoot thru netting but it worked like a charm at about 17 yds or so, i was very impressed of how it works. anyways it was a good day in the woods, god i love being outside with traditional gear as you can tell from my annoying smile.
 -

--------------------
Striker bow (stinger)

Compton Member
"In the wind he is still alive Fred Bear "

Posts: 328 | From: ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigRonHuntAlot
Contributor 2007
Member # 8731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigRonHuntAlot   Email BigRonHuntAlot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Steve. [thumbsup]

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Posts: 4499 | From: Jetersville, Amelia County Central Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dodgethis
Member # 7355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dodgethis   Email dodgethis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work, that is a very pretty doe! I was skeptical about that shoot through netting as well, I guess I will have to get one and try it out some time.

--------------------
I believe we choose the stick and string because extreme efforts and obstacles can and should be used to raise personal achievements to new heights and deeper meanings.

Posts: 24 | From: Friendswood, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ybuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ybuck   Email Ybuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Too cool. [Not Worthy] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Steve.

Posts: 862 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loco_cacahuate
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loco_cacahuate   Email loco_cacahuate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [clapper] I was unsure about the shoot thru til I tried it and it works great.

--------------------
Never drop your gun to hug a Grizzly.

Posts: 345 | From: San Angelo, Texas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©