JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2007 » Tasty little thing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tasty little thing
bkupris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bkupris   Author's Homepage   Email bkupris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had to settle for this little one this year. I was running out of hunting time on my vacation in Michigan and was glad to connect with one before my return to the UK. Fifteen yards from tree stand, my shot was a bit high and just below the spine but managed a good pass through one lung. Took the sight off the bow this year so pleased with a barebow success...

1972 Herters takedown recurve 47#
Budget 125 grain Easton 3 blade broadhead

http://brian.ckupris.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=470&g2_serialNumber=1

-

[ November 30, 2007, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
Brian Kupris

Posts: 231 | From: Scotland, UK | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
Contributor 2017
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on the doe.Did you take her with your Herters TD recurve? Can't be many of those still being hunted. Thanks for sharing.

[clapper]

Posts: 3980 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bkupris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bkupris   Author's Homepage   Email bkupris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill

Yeah used the old Herters TD.

Thanks

Brian

--------------------
Brian Kupris

Posts: 231 | From: Scotland, UK | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dodgethis
Member # 7355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dodgethis   Email dodgethis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you plan to keep the sights off, or were you just giving it a try? I am just curious. By the way, congratulations on what sounds like your first bare-bow deer!

--------------------
I believe we choose the stick and string because extreme efforts and obstacles can and should be used to raise personal achievements to new heights and deeper meanings.

Posts: 24 | From: Friendswood, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats....

Enter the addy in the box that comes up when you click the image box....and you pic will post in your thread.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30602 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loco_cacahuate
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loco_cacahuate   Email loco_cacahuate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. [clapper]

--------------------
Never drop your gun to hug a Grizzly.

Posts: 345 | From: San Angelo, Texas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats what i like well done! good eating there [Big Grin]

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robtattoo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robtattoo   Author's Homepage   Email robtattoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job Bri! [thumbsup]

--------------------
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 5107 | From: Tullahoma, TN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwin   Email Arwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! A doe that size here taste REALLY good! Also congrats on your barebow success! One less thing to worry about.

--------------------
Just one more step.....please!

Michigan Longbow Association

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Posts: 4272 | From: Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjc   Email mjc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats on your doe, perfect size to eat.
Posts: 173 | From: Mountain View Mo. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©