JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2007 » SC Gun Season Bow Deer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SC Gun Season Bow Deer
Interseptor
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Interseptor   Email Interseptor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com

-

--------------------
Palmetto Traditional Bowhunters
Carolina Traditional Archers

Posts: 757 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Interseptor
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Interseptor   Email Interseptor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------

Posts: 757 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dodgethis
Member # 7355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dodgethis   Email dodgethis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
VERY NICE, haven't gotten my gun-season bow deer yet, but that is a nice score

--------------------
I believe we choose the stick and string because extreme efforts and obstacles can and should be used to raise personal achievements to new heights and deeper meanings.

Posts: 24 | From: Friendswood, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublewhopper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublewhopper   Email doublewhopper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That recurve looks pretty solid. What kind of bow is that? Also nice shooting. Looks like a nice heart shot.
Posts: 102 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow bow   Author's Homepage   Email yellow bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good job,congrats!
Posts: 2171 | From: new jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Interseptor
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11870

The bow is a Harrleson T/D recurve made by Lynn Harrelson of Fitzpatrick, AL. The arrow entered the left side of the rib cage and exited right side clipping the right lung.

--------------------

loco_cacahuate
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loco_cacahuate   Email loco_cacahuate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WTG [clapper]

--------------------
Never drop your gun to hug a Grizzly.

Posts: 345 | From: San Angelo, Texas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ybuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ybuck   Email Ybuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice shoot'n, nice buck! Congrats. [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Steve.

Posts: 862 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
varmint
Contributor 2011
Member # 9137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for varmint   Email varmint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!

Every deer I take with my bow in SC is a gun season bow kill.I'm in the lowcountry and we don't have any seperate seasons.I have to put up with dog hunting and guns blasting from day one till the closer.

--------------------
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Posts: 1073 | From: Holly Hill,SC | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Interseptor
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11870

Varmint,
I understand what you mean. When my father was living, we belonged to a dog club in Denmark. I like the hunt clubs for the sake of fellowship. Met some good people and made some good friends. But I always wanted a place down their to just stand hunt. And some of the deer down there are are monsters! We had a lot of dairies around the property. But I actually found a spot not far from there that I will be hunting next season. What kind of trad gear are you shooting?

--------------------

varmint
Contributor 2011
Member # 9137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for varmint   Email varmint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on my mood at the time.Spent most of the season with my BBO Longbow 66" and #50ish @ 28".But,there's also a Jeffery recurve,a Dwyer Longbow,a Tomahawk Diamond Longbow that make it to the woods too.Soon to be a Schafer Silvertip Longbow(2pc and a 3pc),man I'm getting too many bows......Like wood shafts for all of them,mainly POC for the lighter bows and Birch for the heavier poundage bows.

Are you a member of the SCBA??Planning on making it to the Annual Rabbit Hunt??We always have a great time,and the rabbits usually have nothing to fear.......

--------------------
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Posts: 1073 | From: Holly Hill,SC | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©