JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Bowhunting Land/Clubs » Traditional Clubs » South Georgia Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: South Georgia Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club
Dutchman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutchman   Email Dutchman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A new club is in the process of getting started in Southwest Georgia. Their initial meeting is this Saturday, which will be combined with some work on repairing some targets that they've accquired and a string making workshop. Lunch will also be available. This club is planning monthly shoots in 2012 and will have one in August of this year for those who don't mind heat indexes of greater than 105 degrees.

The shoots will be held at a farm north of Ellaville, GA in Schley County. More information will be posted on their events later.

--------------------
Remember the Alamo!

Posts: 549 | From: Gainesville, GA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2crazy2run
Member # 34875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2crazy2run   Author's Homepage   Email 2crazy2run   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be interested in attending some of your events. Is there a schedule up yet. I'm near Savannah....so I doubt I would be a regular....but would enjoy. Keep me posted please! Thanks.....Kenton

--------------------
Focus on the target!!

Posts: 45 | From: GA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutchman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutchman   Email Dutchman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First shoot of 2012 is planned for January 21.

Shoot will be held at

371 Poole Rd
Ellaville, Ga 31806

Come out and visit!

--------------------
Remember the Alamo!

Posts: 549 | From: Gainesville, GA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutchman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14655

Next shoot in in two weeks, March 10. Same address as shown above. Y'all come!

--------------------
Remember the Alamo!

Dutchman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14655

Next shoot for this club is this Saturday, 1/12/13.

--------------------
Remember the Alamo!

Dutchman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14655

This club has its shoots on the second Saturday of each month, January through August. Come see us!!!

--------------------
Remember the Alamo!

Uncle Rusty
Member # 38940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uncle Rusty   Email Uncle Rusty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While i'm new to traditional archery i've been bow hunting for 25 years (lost interest in compounds). I've been trying to locate a traditional club or group near the Newnan area that would give me a chance to learn more about the traditional side of the sport. Do you have any more information about these shoots i.e. start times, fees, contact information, number of participants etc?
Posts: 1 | From: Newnan, Georgia | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutchman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14655

The South Georgia Traditional and Primitive Skills Club starts at around 8:30 or 9:00 am. They will shoot until nearly pretty late in the afternoon.

Shoot fees:
Club members - $5
Non-members - $10
Family of three or more - $15
Lunch is available for a $5 donation per person.

Memberships are $30 per year. At present, I think they will average 40 shooters or so at most of their shoots, more or less.

--------------------
Remember the Alamo!

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©