JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Bowhunting Land/Clubs » Traditional Clubs » Donation Made

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Donation Made
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The now defunct club, Hubert Archers, that I am shown as the Treasurer for , has now (just recently) donated our remaining bank account balance of $1,060.05 to the archery club of Camp Lejeune, USMC, now known as Lejeune Archers. I could/would delete that line of my posting info that shows me as the treasurer of the Disbanded Hubert Archers, except that I can't remember how to find that info - LOL Doesn't seem to be under My Profile like I thought I remembered it being. We know that the Lejeune Archers will put those funds to good use promoting archery and attracting new members to our fine family sport, as Hubert Archers used to do, when it was an active club.

(Note: Moderators, etc. have my permission to delete that title from my posting info for me, if they can.)

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21338 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ga.boy
Contributor 2016
Member # 1935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ga.boy   Email Ga.boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie, click on my profile, then click edit profile and scroll down to "signature". You can make changes there.

I think it is wonderful that yall donated to the "Lejeune Archers". Are they Trad. only?

--------------------
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

"He who angers you controls you."
Unknown

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." Mark Twain

Posts: 2427 | From: Cedartown, Ga | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Chuck. I'll try that.(Unfortunately - LOL) They are a "mixed" club, as was Hubert Archers (in a mixed Coalition, with always a high number of Traditional Shooters). That is why you never see too much about either clubs, or the coalition in these pages, except when they are holding special events promoting ARCHERY, kids, and/or things like the Departed/Wounded Navy Seals, Toys For Tots, etc. However, they always supported our club well, and it is primarily a USMC/military club - so, set up for our warriors stateside relaxation and return to normalcy enjoyment - a worthy cause in itself. Also a non-profit/charitable club, as most archery clubs are. [thumbsup] [archer]

--------------------

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21338 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ga.boy
Contributor 2016
Member # 1935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ga.boy   Email Ga.boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bernie, I don't think that there is anything "unfortunate" about it. I was just enquireinq. Actually, I don't think that the best way to reach and introduce all kids to Trad. Archery is to limit them to only one dicipline. Once they have been brought into the sport of archery I feel that the ones that we need to help keep our preffered dicipline of Traditional Archery alive and flourishing will naturally gravitate to it. How could those that we need to keep our sport alive embrace anything else?

--------------------
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

"He who angers you controls you."
Unknown

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." Mark Twain

Posts: 2427 | From: Cedartown, Ga | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

I agree, Chuck, especially when it comes to kids. For me, I chose, choose Trad and hope I never have to go back (you know for bad shoulders, etc that attack so many folks)

--------------------

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

ARCHER2
Contributor 2017
Member # 11150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARCHER2   Email ARCHER2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 1672 | From: Bastrop, Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©