JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Deer Diary 2010 season 5 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Deer Diary 2010 season 5
whitebuffalo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitebuffalo   Author's Homepage   Email whitebuffalo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Jim usually starts this thread every year but he hasn't been visiting so I thought I would get it kicked off with the early doe season and all. Have fun in the woods this year everyone and be safe and thankfull for all of our harvest.JB

--------------------
TGMM

Posts: 3057 | From: Stanton,MI | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todweelz
Contributor 2010
Member # 12614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todweelz   Email Todweelz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope everyone had a better start than me, creepy quite in the woods this morning. Like spooky werewolf movie quite, no birds, no squirrels, nothing, just quite. Was really spooky, but great to be in a stand, back to it in the morning. Good luck all!, be safe. Todd
Posts: 862 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been out twice and have seen 4 bucks not a doe in sight.

[ September 21, 2010, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Tim Fishell ]

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1716 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegan Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allegan Archer   Author's Homepage   Email Allegan Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday was pretty quiet, but had to leave early. Tonight was the same until just before dusk.

Had the bejeebers scared out of me by a deer that sneaked up behind me and snorted... about jumped out of the stand! [laughing] Spooked 4 in the field as I left. Didn't see the heads on any of them. Seeing deer is something I will never complain about! My EAS is done thanks to work. But the countdown to the 1st continues... 318 hours; 13 days! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Excellence is not a single act, but a habit. ---Aristotle

Posts: 227 | From: Allegan, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jacobsladder
Contributor 2014
Member # 11164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jacobsladder   Email jacobsladder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent been out yet...Jake missed a doe last night......but i did see one of our michigan boys connected...i'll let him cut in with the story.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will" Robert Service

Posts: 3678 | From: dansville ,michigan | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gray ghost one me zero>>>>> Not a miss she just busted me. Last minute hunt no cover just sitting on a log..

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2294 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sat out the early antlerless here in Iosco.

Way too many guns going off!

More shooting than any firearms season weekend!

Posts: 3495 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent the weekend at the cabin cleaning things up. Also put up 4 stands and my tree camera. Shot with the grandkids on Sunday and had a great time.

With all the rain we have had lately the mosquito's were out of control. Could use a couple of really cold nights.

Getting ready for the tradgang/veteran camp out at Hartwick Pines the second week of October.

Everyone have a great season and remember to "Thank a Vet" because they are the reason we can do the things we can do.

Semper Fi to all.

Jon

Posts: 2867 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mparks
Contributor 2015
Member # 4122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mparks   Author's Homepage   Email mparks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a trip to the thumb with the idea of doing some turkey and doe hunting. Spent most of Saturday erecting a ladder stand in a pretty good spot that I'm excited to hunt. Sat for the evening hunt without much luck and bailed early to watch the Spartans.

I only sat until about 8 Sunday. Should have stayed another hour! There were two turkeys roosted in a tree 30 yards from me that I spooked and I don't know how many deer blew out on the way to the truck. Not too smart on my part! Good thing the place can air out a little before the opener. How nice is it to have Oct 1 fall on a Friday?

Posts: 431 | From: Swartz Creek, MI | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Great Jashu
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Great Jashu   Email The Great Jashu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please dont mention anything that was killed with any type of firearm.

--------------------
No hunter should feel guilty for killing a deer that doesnt meet someone else's expectations.

Posts: 569 | From: Sidney, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys and girls. Even though we are inside our own little area of Tradgang we still need to respect and obey their rules. Please keep it related to traditional archery only.

Thanks,
Tim

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4788 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DBGJR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DBGJR   Email DBGJR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck to everyone and have a safe and fun season!! Remember to buckle up if you're going to be in a tree.
Dick

Posts: 206 | From: sparta mi | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DRR324
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRR324   Email DRR324   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted this morning. First time in 12-15 years I went out on opening morning. I had a doe and 2 fawns around me for 1/2 hour or so eating acorns. They finally passed by at 7 yards, just like I planned it. After they were gone, another doe and fawn repeated the act. Ate acorns for awhile and passed on by....
Not sure about tonight, may go walleye fishing if its raining.

--------------------
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting? The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Posts: 706 | From: Lake, MI (central LP) | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackP
Contributor 2015
Member # 18310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackP   Email JackP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted this morning and didn't see a single thing.

Tonight, had a button buck that stayed with in 20 yards, for close to 45 minutes. Decided to pass. Had a buck just out of range and behind some brush. Also had three does come out around 80 yards. Trying to get my first kill on tape this year. Could have today, but I'm waiting for something besides a yearling ... [thumbsup]

Good luck guys!

Jack

Posts: 179 | From: Lapeer, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justracey
SPONSOR
Member # 19252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justracey   Author's Homepage   Email justracey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw turkeys that stayed out of range and 6 doe they stayed out of range till after dark.

Good luck everyone stay safe and wear your safety system in your stands

--------------------
Just get outside and blow the stink off of ya

http://www.stjoeriverbows.com/
http://stjoeriverbows.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Posts: 228 | From: Bronson, Mi. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©