JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MICHIGAN - Michigan Traditional Bowhunters » Demmer Center???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Demmer Center???
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back from a visit to East Lansing to visit my daughter. I went by the center at Michigan State University. It seems to be a first rate facility, even if much of their emphasis is on Olympic style shooting. Have any of your members participated in any of their other activities? I know they have some 3D courses. It took me a moment to understand a comment by the woman working there that they always have at least one wolverine target on the course. When I visit there again, do you think it is worth taking a bow along? By the way, guys, I like Michigan.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4784 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
last arrow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for last arrow   Email last arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never shot there but my niece and her husband do and say it is a great range (both MSU Grads). I believe they have a traditional night in the winter. If you have time why not shoot. I believe the Capital Area Sportsmans Club has a nice range also in Lansing. There used to be some excellent field ranges in Holt and Leslie (just south of east Lansing) that I shot a lot when I attended MSU. I'm not sure they are around any more as that was 30 years ago.

If you make it up and want to hunt, let me know and I may be able to set something up as I have a couple of Friends that hunt near Lansing. We could also set up a Hunt at my camp in the Manistee National Forest, about 2.5 hours from Lansing. It is in the Antler Point Restriction Area so, while there is not a huge population, you have a chance of seeing good bucks. (The big bucks are generally south of Lansing though).

--------------------
“The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted.” James Madison

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Posts: 933 | From: West Olive, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last arrow, I sure wish I could make a hunt up there. It does not look possible at this time, though. Thanks for the offer. This sure will not be my only trip to Michigan.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4784 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shoot there in the winter. A group of us have a traditional league on Monday nights. (good time) They are super nice and supportive. It is open to anyone interested. We welcome drop-ins. If you are ever in Lansing from January till March stop in.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2314 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©