Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Who's killed a cougar with trad gear? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who's killed a cougar with trad gear?
pamike
Contributor 2015
Member # 34368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamike   Email pamike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i killed a 200# tom in Utah about 3 years ago. shot was 25 yds. i will try to post pics later. one of my favorite hunts - awesome experience!!

--------------------
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat
Sasquatch SS

Posts: 2595 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boinky
Contributor 2015
Member # 37582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boinky   Email boinky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is to be ZERO discussion about any non-trad bowhunting weapons.

[ December 14, 2012, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Rob DiStefano ]

Posts: 40 | From: ga | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys. I don't know why he joined here either.

I'm so pumped up. We are less than two months away from departure for Idaho. It gets worse every day!

Posts: 387 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chilcotin hillbilly
Member # 26010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chilcotin hillbilly   Author's Homepage   Email chilcotin hillbilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pamike:
i killed a 200# tom in Utah about 3 years ago. shot was 25 yds. i will try to post pics later. one of my favorite hunts - awesome experience!!

Did you actually see it being weighed or did the guide just tell you that. ???
Posts: 28 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have talked to dozens of outfitters in the planning of this hunt and only one ever claimed to have killed one that weighed 200lbs.

Most claim that adult toms weigh about 120lbs. These have all been Idaho hunts which are the largest cats in the US. I'd love to see a sure enough 200lber.

Not doubting you. I just know how a lot of guides and hunters exagerate.

Posts: 387 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

Not long now!!!!!!!!!!
Tradslam
Contributor 2014
Member # 13879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tradslam   Email Tradslam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't killed one but I've seen one or two. As far as weight goes, it really depends on where your hunting. The high country cats I hunt are way bigger then the ones in the desert country.
Posts: 1184 | From: CO | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon
Contributor 2015
Member # 3414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jon   Email jon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are some nice cat pics. Got a tag that I drew in my pocket and I'm just waiting for the right track. Been looking behind my house(unit 200) for 3 weeks. The houdsmen are in another unit because of these %#&* wolves. One of them lost 3 dogs that had treed a cat to the wolves last week. The biggest one I have personally seen was shot by a 12 year old girl last month. They ran it for 3 days and it was a real monster, easily pushing 180#'s. I have a pic if anyone can help me figure out how to post it.

Jon

Posts: 241 | From: Montana by Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimB
Contributor 2017
Member # 17284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimB   Email JimB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure it was a trad kill if you post it.
Posts: 3816 | From: Montana | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

Getting pretty concerned about the snow conditions in central Idaho.

We are leaving this thursday.

freebird134
Member # 37942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freebird134   Email freebird134   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread! I'm from Idaho originally but never hunted cats there. One day!

Where abouts are you going? Unit/town?

Posts: 52 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

We hunted near Lowman and Garden Valley. I'm sorry to report that I didn't get a lion. We had no snow to speak of and had to bare ground hunt the entire time. We did tree an adult female on the first day and I lost the coin toss to my buddy who killed her. It was awesome.

I saw thousands of elk, mule deer, whitetails, and walked a TON of miles in those mountains. Our guides were incredible with great dogs but without snow, lion hunting is nearly impossible.

Even without a hide to bring home, it was probably the greatest hunt of my life. I will be back for sure.

Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

I do want to add for sure that if somebody is looking for a good lion hunt in the western US, Korell Outfitters is who you need to call.

I'm certain that the only reason I didn't get a shot at a good tom was because of the horrible snow conditions.

I know hound dogs, and have walkers myself and these guys are the best houndsmen I've ever met. They have an awesome bear hunt as well. Do yourself a favor and consider them for your next western big game hunt.

TxAg
Contributor 2015
Member # 17471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxAg   Email TxAg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds great....i have this on my to-do list
Posts: 3642 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shirikahn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shirikahn   Email shirikahn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a long season here in Wa state...I've never went after one, but will as soon as I have all my gear up!
Posts: 330 | From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©