Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » Quebec bear.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Quebec bear....
Mitch H
Contributor 2013
Member # 30745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitch H   Author's Homepage   Email Mitch H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is basically an unedited clip of a young boar I shot in Quebec with a Bear Grizzly. I do have a slow motion replay of the shot at the very end of the clip where you can see the arrow spinning the whole way to the bear. Also notice my trail camera fires when the shot gets to the bear. Amazingly, I got a perfect trail camera pic of the arrow buried to the feathers before the bear runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqsMGrgmJv8

--------------------
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
Wes Wallace Mentor
Dave Miller "Old Mahoning" Hybrid Longbow

People that are not willing to stand up for what is right, deserve no protection from those that will!

Posts: 196 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timberking
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timberking   Email Timberking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome video [Smile]
Posts: 232 | From: Hibbing, Mn. | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VTer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VTer   Email VTer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! We're headed up to Ron's in May. Hope to have the same good luck!

--------------------
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
- Doug Lawson.

Posts: 1310 | From: Essex Junction, Vermont | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blktail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blktail   Email blktail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man what a good video, Thanks for sharing.
Exellent.

Posts: 307 | From: pa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch H
Contributor 2013
Member # 30745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitch H   Author's Homepage   Email Mitch H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VTer:
Nice! We're headed up to Ron's in May. Hope to have the same good luck!

Nice! What camp are you hunting out of?

--------------------
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
Wes Wallace Mentor

People that are not willing to stand up for what is right, deserve no protection from those that will!

Posts: 196 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njloco
Contributor 2013
Member # 24437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njloco   Email njloco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good video, and good shot.

--------------------
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Posts: 2787 | From: Soviet state of N.J. | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpkin the Dwarf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpkin the Dwarf   Email Trumpkin the Dwarf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good shot! The video was awesome. So is there any chance of seeing the trail camera picture?

--------------------
Malachi C.

Toelke Whip 62" 55# @ 28" drawn to 32"

Posts: 1013 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch H
Contributor 2013
Member # 30745

quote:
Originally posted by Trumpkin the Dwarf:
Good shot! The video was awesome. So is there any chance of seeing the trail camera picture?

I have that pic in my photobucket account, I just have to look and see what size it is before posting it here....... [Smile]

--------------------
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
Wes Wallace Mentor

Mitch H
Contributor 2013
Member # 30745

I had to reduce the pic to conform with site policy, but it is still fairly clear. The shot was slightly quartering away, but the bear bunched up to run when the camera fired and his far shoulder pushed the arrow making it look like a quartering towards angle.....

I doubt that I will ever get this lucky with a picture again.... [Smile]

-

--------------------
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
Wes Wallace Mentor

Tom Phillips
Contributor 2017
Member # 9613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice going !!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
* Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
* Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
* N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
* N.J.Bowhunters *

Posts: 2830 | From: Peru,Ma | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good shot,aint nothing like bear hunting

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2600 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snow leopard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow leopard   Email snow leopard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice shot and video!

--------------------
"the symbol is not the reality"

compton traditional bowhunters
wisconsin traditional archers

Posts: 363 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Harris   Email D Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very cool. Hope your going to have the picture displayed right next to the mount! Congrats!
Posts: 619 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
Contributor 2014
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulation! That was pretty damn cool! [clapper]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2406 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Margly
Contributor 2013
Member # 18615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Margly   Author's Homepage   Email Margly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice shot and great video [clapper]

Had you been hunting the area for one month to get the bear?
Thought I heard you said that.

Congrats and thanks for sharing [Smile] ( now I really wanna go hunting [archer] )

Margly

--------------------
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey [thumbsup]

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1585 | From: Norway | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©