Dangerous Game

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Dangerous Game » EXTRA EXTRA - READ ALL ABOUT IT...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXTRA EXTRA - READ ALL ABOUT IT...
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

NOW is your chance...to REALLY give something back....not only to Trad Bowhuning, but to yourself.

TradGang would like to preserve some very special stories. Stories from a life long Trad Bowhunter with a spectacular perspective of the hunt, and a way with words....and we need your support to do so.

The original story teller of TradGang is going to do a book......Mr. Charlie Lamb.

Many of you have read Charlie's stories here, heard some told on 'The Bowhunters of TradGang' DVD, but there's a lot of stories beyond those.....and there will be some of those unique hunts in the book also. For those of you that haven't been here that long...you've missed a bunch from Charlie...so now is your chance to understand why we need to do this.

Charlie has stuff compiled at this point, and all we need to do is pre-sell enough to get this done. I hope we can pull this off....cause our lifestyle is truly deserving of such.

No need at this point for me to stand on ceremony, or romance this plea....let's just get it done shall we????

There are two ways to help out...both get YOU a book.

#1 - $35 will get a copy sent to you. And, with your name added to the book in the section of Contributors.

#2 - $100 will also get a copy sent to you with your name added to the Contributor section, but your copy will be PERSONALLY signed, meaning a personal note to you signed by Charlie....not just a signature.

So, make sure you contact all your friends....tweet, text, flicker....what ever it takes...

GET THE WORD OUT!!!!

Just Click the link below to order....Check - Money Order - Credit Card - Paypal...

Book by Charlie Lamb - Click Here

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & Loop Addictions (COMING TODAY !!!!!!!)

Posts: 30575 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeM   Email JoeM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT

--------------------
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 1453 | From: Centereach NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calgarychef
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for calgarychef   Email calgarychef   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've bought books from the author and they usually sign them without my having to pay extra for it, so are the proceeds going to a charity?
Posts: 1254 | From: canada | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a little different...we are trying to publish a book for a very limited market, and all we are trying to do is pre-sell enough to make it happen.

As of now, we have enough funds for a run. Don't know if there will be a second.

Most folks don't hunt with wooden bows...yet we do....and our community steps forward to help others more than most groups. Most of us surely don't try and step on our trad brothers. So, we are just carrying on the tradition by trying to provide an item that has been in demand by many here for years.

Yeah...we do things a little different.

Since you spoke of charity....

TradGang is planning on buying a few of this limited run to auction off on the St Judes as well. As you know, since you've been a member so long, its an effort we do every year.
[campfire]

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30575 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calgarychef
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for calgarychef   Email calgarychef   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested in getting one, is it a hard cover? Does it have a few photos?
Posts: 1254 | From: canada | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes....he is going to go hard cover...and yes, you bet....LOTS of pics!!!

--------------------

5deer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5deer   Email 5deer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kool can't wait

--------------------
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Posts: 801 | From: washington | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Morin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Morin   Email Randy Morin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lookin forward to a book by Charle for sure!
Posts: 1770 | From: montana | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talondale
Contributor 2007
Member # 9336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talondale   Email Talondale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On board for a copy. Might I suggest for future prints after the first run you make it available via print on demand? No cost to make a full run just printed as ordered. Check it out.

--------------------
Jesse, forever 5

Posts: 2061 | From: Botetourt Co. VA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardwaymike
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardwaymike   Author's Homepage   Email hardwaymike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I had seen this sooner.

--------------------
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Posts: 970 | From: Gladwin Michigan | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acedoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acedoc   Email acedoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am in if you guys can post it to india.
Posts: 119 | From: india | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pheonixarcher
Contributor 2016
Member # 35623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pheonixarcher   Email Pheonixarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acedoc, this thread was started in 2012. The book has been published, and is an excellent read. Pm Charlie Lamb here, he may still have a few copies available. It was a limited run production.

--------------------
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Posts: 1313 | From: Traverse City, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©