JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » Guard on Hidden Tang (lots of pics)Finished knife photo added (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Guard on Hidden Tang (lots of pics)Finished knife photo added
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wonderful tutorial, Lin. Your careful attention to detail and high standards are reflected in this as well as your knives.

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8805 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy G
Member # 19095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy G   Email Andy G       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for the info I went out and made a jig
I only made two knife so far bout with helle blads and these will help with the next one

Posts: 21 | From: linwood michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin Rhea   Author's Homepage   Email Lin Rhea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, Chuck got the picture done and here is the finished knife. Thanks for watching and letting me do this. Lin
 -

--------------------
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Posts: 4540 | From: Prattsville, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DANA HOLMAN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DANA HOLMAN   Author's Homepage   Email DANA HOLMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT IS ONE FINE LOOKING KNIFE LIN,
DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN WEB SITE?, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR WORK, MAYBE ONE DAY YOU WOULD LET ME COME UP TO SEE HOW YOU MAKE YOU KNIVES, I'M ONLY 4 1/2 HR. AWAY,
THANKS AGAIN
DANA

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door,
Simply say,

"Jesus, could you get that for me?"

Posts: 1262 | From: Grand Saline, Texas | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbaknife
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbaknife   Email kbaknife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana, click on his name and go to his profile.
You make it look easy, Lin.
Beautiful hunter.

--------------------
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Posts: 2765 | From: Watseka, Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DANA HOLMAN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DANA HOLMAN   Author's Homepage   Email DANA HOLMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks karl
just like you,(i looked up your website to karl) lin has some amazing knives, both of you guy are great, keep all the photos and advise coming to all of us
thanks dana

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door,
Simply say,

"Jesus, could you get that for me?"

Posts: 1262 | From: Grand Saline, Texas | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lewis Brookshire III
Contributor 2017
Member # 9091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lewis Brookshire III   Email Lewis Brookshire III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, that knife is absolutely beautiful!

--------------------
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Posts: 2777 | From: Dallas, Ga | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WESTBROOK
Contributor 2017
Member # 8854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WESTBROOK   Email WESTBROOK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lin! What a beauty!

Eric

Posts: 3655 | From: Manton Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OconeeDan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OconeeDan   Email OconeeDan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, Lin! Thanks for your time and unselfish sharing.
Dan

Posts: 1925 | From: Lake Oconee, GA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get this one "pinned" to the top???? Please???

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8805 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Evans
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Evans   Email Kevin Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Ray, Then it won't take me so long to find when I have a question and that's quite often!!!! Kevin
Posts: 1260 | From: missouri | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmccall
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tmccall   Email tmccall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Tony McCall

Jesus. There is no other name... Acts 4:12

Posts: 1490 | From: Northeast Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... [Smile]

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
easyup
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for easyup   Email easyup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lin,
Your long finger guard on this knife and those shown on your web site are an outstanding safety feature that is undervalued these days. Back in the 60s while on my third caribou of the day I gave myself a nasty cut due to the tiny guard and tired hands. I'm sell off some knives so I can order one of your knives to show the kids how art and craftsmanship can come together to create beauty and value.

Posts: 291 | From: AZ, WY, WA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Lane
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wyatt Lane   Email Wyatt Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOWE cant wait till i get to make a knife like that.
Posts: 23 | From: Prattsville, Ar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©