JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » Elk Antler "Hunters Pal" Knife

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elk Antler "Hunters Pal" Knife
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the blade design of the Puma "Hunters Pal" knife so I figured I would make one similar to it, but make the handle more to my liking.

Blade steel is 1084, the handle is elk antler and the guard is scrap steel I had left over. The blade length is 4 1/4" and the knife is 8" overall. I have a couple doe tags left so with any luck, I will be able to put it to use before deer season is over.

-

-

Posts: 603 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
2016 Contributor
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a very nicely done knife!

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Posts: 1215 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GRAYBEARD
Contributor 2017
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRAYBEARD   Email GRAYBEARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good solid and simple, I like it a lot!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Posts: 4638 | From: NARBERTH, PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice......

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15527 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrackerNy
2016 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 6530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrackerNy   Email TrackerNy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Caley!
Posts: 199 | From: New York | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elknutz
Contributor 2017
Member # 19333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elknutz   Email elknutz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

--------------------
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Posts: 1011 | From: Hillsboro Oregon | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©