JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » Sheep Horn and Old Hedge Post.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sheep Horn and Old Hedge Post.
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a couple I finished this last week on my spring break.

1084 with sheep horn and walnut liners.

-

-

-

Here is a small skinner, 1084 with old hedge post scales and rose wood liners.

-

-

-

Posts: 638 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackpenny
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36457

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackpenny   Email blackpenny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

--------------------
Leon Stewart lil slammer 56" 45@28
Martin Howatt Hunter 64" 50@28

Posts: 119 | From: NC | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrackerNy
2016 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 6530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrackerNy   Email TrackerNy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both nice Caley, but that sheep horn knife really grabs me.
Posts: 211 | From: New York | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bjansen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bjansen   Author's Homepage   Email bjansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work trapper. I like that sheep horn!
Posts: 2263 | From: Germantown, WI | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DGW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DGW   Email DGW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice ones, that hedge one looks like a good beaver skinner .
Posts: 406 | From: Windom, Ks | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, sheep and osage...my favs!
Posts: 4186 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Guys, appreciate it.
Posts: 638 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nook
2017 Contributor
Member # 1045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the skinner. Kind of a brute de forge nessmuk. Sweet....

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Posts: 1092 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so practical looking.......beautiful.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15680 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Nuckels
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Nuckels   Email Steve Nuckels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them both! And the choice of materials too!

Steve
----------
Potomac Forge
Member, W.F. Moran Jr. Foundation
ABS Apprentice

Posts: 2271 | From: Hagerstown, MD | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Richard
Contributor 2016
Member # 34555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Richard   Email Rick Richard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Received the Sheep Horn today and it is much much better than the pictures.

Thanks Caley for all the effort in making this knife just as I wanted.

Rick

Posts: 1313 | From: Conover, NC | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Thanks Rick, I had fun building it for you.
just_a_hunter
2016 Contributor
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always awesome!

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Posts: 1215 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BDann
Contributor 2017
Member # 9875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BDann   Email BDann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks really nice!
Posts: 1165 | From: Kingwood, Texas | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©