JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION LISTING FORUM

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » Forged to Fit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Forged to Fit
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As apposed to forging a knife and making a sheath, I have a couple beautiful Scott Teaschner knife sheaths with some of my older knives. One is a nice hollow ground extreme drop point Brute de Forge that I don't use anymore. I actually like really thin knives without the flared finger guard for skinning as the flare seems to get in my way. So the only sensible thing to do is make a knife to fit Scott's beautiful sheath. This one is 6 3/4 inches OAL forged from a 4 inch piece of 1 X 3/8 inch bar stock of 1084 carbon steel with filed checker groves on the spine. I'm thinking some nice sheep horn will look good with this sheath. I have about 10 knives awaiting handles out so my forge is turned off for now...tippit

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8385 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
2016 Contributor
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, Doc!

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Posts: 1202 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quenched, tempered, and hand sanded...now to figure out handle material.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8385 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple walnut would look nice. It has a no nonsense working class look that I like in a field knife.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4536 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benjy
Contributor 2015
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benjy   Author's Homepage   Email Benjy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stabilized Walnut or River Birch would look nice. [bigsmyl] I like the file work on the back of the blade!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Posts: 2197 | From: Irmo, SC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this.

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 6387 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
benny
Contributor 2016
Member # 8653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for benny   Email benny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Osage
Posts: 436 | From: trinity,nc | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©