JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » Forged Integral Hunter (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Forged Integral Hunter
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin Rhea   Author's Homepage   Email Lin Rhea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -

The blade is 4-5/8 inch. The steel is W2 forged from 3/8 X 2 X 3-3/4 I had plenty of steel in that piece to work with.

The other parts are Sambar stag and the pins.

Pictures are jumbled.

-

--------------------
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Posts: 4542 | From: Prattsville, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like this one, very creative and very awesome!
Posts: 638 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Idahomike251
Contributor 2014
Member # 20030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idahomike251   Email Idahomike251   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lin, I really like how you have incorporated the stag scales into your handle design. It is not an easy thing to do, but that is why you are a master blade smith.
Posts: 234 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin Rhea   Author's Homepage   Email Lin Rhea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you guys.

It's kind of like having a Tiger by the tail. Once you get started and are committed, you have to figure out HOW you're going to make it work. [Smile]

--------------------
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28

Posts: 4542 | From: Prattsville, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lin,
Very cool looking knife. I've always wanted to forge out an integral...had the pleasure of seeing Burt Foster demo that process at the Haywood Hammer-In this spring with a piece of round stock. Lot of work getting everything lined up. I was lucky enough to get his unfinished blade as a template. Thought you might like to see it...Jeff

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8510 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrackerNy
2016 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 6530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrackerNy   Email TrackerNy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really like this one Lin. You keep coming up with these outstanding designs. You've got a great imagination.
Posts: 211 | From: New York | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bjansen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bjansen   Author's Homepage   Email bjansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorites Lin. Excellent knife.
Posts: 2263 | From: Germantown, WI | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B.Barker
Member # 46136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B.Barker   Email B.Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work as always Lin. I really like the amber stag to.
Posts: 24 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do so many things so well!

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1851 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Thanks guys!

Jeff, Burt has a great eye for design. I love his work.

--------------------
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28

Bill Kissner
Contributor 2014
Member # 1258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Kissner   Email Bill Kissner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You went and done it again Lin!!

--------------------
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Posts: 1220 | From: Wayne City,IL/Mancos,CO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You amaze me.......... [thumbsup] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15680 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mj seratt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mj seratt   Email mj seratt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another beautiful knife. As always, your skill is amazing.

Murray

--------------------
mjseratt

Posts: 185 | From: bartlett, tn | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin Rhea
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14136

Thanks gentlemen!

--------------------
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28

South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simply Elegant!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 3893 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©