JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » New Knife for a New Bowhunter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Knife for a New Bowhunter
KSCATTRAPR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSCATTRAPR   Email KSCATTRAPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I welcomed our second son, Leo Ediger into this world on August 22, 2017. Just like I did on our first son, I made him a knife. When he gets of age it will be his.

1084 steel with a stainless guard. My cousin gave me some micarta he made from floor sacks so I decided I would use that for the handle on Leo's knife. It turned out pretty well I thought but I made the mistake of using steel pins and they tend to stay a little proud during the handle shaping process.

It's not a very big knife, If I remember right the blade is close to 4". It should fit him well when he gets the chance to carry it.

-

Posts: 638 | From: Buhler, Kansas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is a lucky little guy.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4737 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrackerNy
2016 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 6530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrackerNy   Email TrackerNy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to you and your wife Caley. I wish him all the best. I'm sure he's going to like this one.
Posts: 211 | From: New York | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©