JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Hunting Knives and Crafters » San-mai White Iron Hunter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: San-mai White Iron Hunter
kbaknife
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbaknife   Email kbaknife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a knife style that developed over a couple years from several different influences.
I named it after a lake - White Iron Lake - in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
A San-mai blade with a stabilized Black Ash Burl handle from northern Minnesota.

-

-

-

--------------------
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Posts: 2780 | From: Watseka, Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fallguy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fallguy   Email Fallguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Karl.

--------------------
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught" Baba Dioum Conservationist

Posts: 364 | From: Elk River MN | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyflinger
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyflinger   Email flyflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful creation.
Posts: 171 | From: southern illinois | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2016
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Ash Burl sure is pretty. I don't think I've seen that before.
Beautiful work as always.

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 2210 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gudspelr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gudspelr   Email gudspelr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iíve said it before-this is one of my favorites of yours, Karl. You make this knife look effortless and I think thatís one of the reasons I like it as much as I do. You gave me permission to make one (I should say attempt to) for my son and no matter what I did, I just couldnít get it to look right on paper. Thereís so much subtlety in it all that if itís not just right, you can really tell. And I certainly couldnít get it right. Too much belly, not enough, the transitions, etc.... But, I really enjoy every time I see you post one up. Thanks for sharing it.

Jeremy

--------------------
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
- William Morris

Craftsmen strive to make their products both.

Posts: 991 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
2016 Contributor
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very beautiful. You make the most beautiful San-mai knives in my opinion..

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Posts: 1228 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milehi101
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for milehi101   Email milehi101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really nice Karl as usual. I sure like those knives.
Sure sorry that everyone else has quit posting here,i miss the knives and comments

Posts: 127 | From: englewood colo | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thadbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 21824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thadbow   Email Thadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work Karl. Thanks for sharing!
Posts: 445 | From: Hershey PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, really nice. [thumbsup]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15813 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©