Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » What did you do today, 2016 (Page 43)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43   
Author Topic: What did you do today, 2016
Dan Landis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Landis   Email Dan Landis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the kind of blood trail you want to see in the woods, not in your shop. Hope your ok Roy.
Posts: 1042 | From: Abbottstown, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Dan, that's only half the blood trail in the shop..
I'm fine.. No stitches, just 3 deep cuts on the hand from holding onto the bamboo when it took off. That boo gets pretty sharp along the edges when ya taper it down. And ole dumb a$$ Roy didn't put on his gloves. Wife patched me up with butterfly bandages... Then gave me hell... [Smile]

Posts: 10430 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zradix
Contributor 2014
Member # 17930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zradix   Author's Homepage   Email Zradix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's a good woman for that...lol

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious.

That boo can be like razors.

--------------------
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Posts: 5951 | From: Shelby, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch [scared] be careful Roy

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 4997 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you got a name for that bow now. [knothead]
Take it easy old fart. [Smile]

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1201 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Landis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Landis   Email Dan Landis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you're ok. Most of mine draw blood before finished too.
Posts: 1042 | From: Abbottstown, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Dan. If I don't get cut at least once a day in the shop, then I know I haven't done much bow work.. [Smile]
Posts: 10430 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wood carver 2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wood carver 2   Email wood carver 2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn Roy, when I saw that picture, it gave me the shivers. There is something about bamboo cuts that gets me.
Dave.

--------------------
" Vegetarian" a Native American term for bad hunter.

Posts: 1575 | From: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
passion for knowledge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for passion for knowledge   Email passion for knowledge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't do anything quite so spectacular, but I got my latest attempt to floor tiller stage.

Maple backed ipe. Hoping to come in #50 ish

Let the scraping begin.

Eyes, legs and fingers crossed!

I did pick up a few good slivers.

--------------------
Creativity and the search for knowledge are what keep me sane(ish)

Posts: 155 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dry run, Dry run, Dry run and Dry run.

Glue up tomorrow

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1201 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpdaddy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpdaddy   Email Carpdaddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got wood!... Looking is like ole Troy is cranking again.
 -

--------------------
Stumpshooting; Slinging sticks with sticks toward the origin of the sticks.

Posts: 447 | From: Corbin Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©