Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017, What did you do today? (Page 44)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44   
Author Topic: 2017, What did you do today?
scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scrub-buster   Email scrub-buster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:
Look how young I looked. LOL

That was back when you only looked 74 Roy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

Posts: 1228 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scrub-buster   Email scrub-buster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I skinned the snake that someone left in my freezer. It's long enough for a full length bow.

-

I also worked on cleaning up the rings around a small knot.

-

-

-

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

Posts: 1228 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigbob2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigbob2   Email bigbob2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do like challenge! [thumbsup]
Posts: 1871 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Small Knot? [scared]

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1400 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shredd
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shredd   Email Shredd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making a checklist for gluing up a bow... Last time I forgot to tape my f/g lams... > [Frown]
Posts: 202 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna see a full draw on that naughty one. [Smile]

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2800 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm a shoot through riser self bow???

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5197 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

No. The knots are in the working portion of the limbs. It will be a long shot on making it to a functioning bow. The heart shaped knot trails down the limb at the bottom. Almost the entire working portion of that limb will be split in half.

-

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see sinew wraps in your future, Clint. Looking forward to seeing this one shooting.
If you ain't found a home for that skin, I might know where one is. [bigsmyl]

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13044 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1701 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob W.
Member # 43394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob W.   Author's Homepage   Email Bob W.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool stave Clint, I meant to look at it at the classic but I forgot to ask you about it!
Posts: 5 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

I didn't take it to the Classic. I figured hole in the bow Chuck would talk me out of it.

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worked on the layout of the riser for the RD build. It's fitted to the form and base lams and needs to be sawed and ground for the ramps and the fades feathered.

Solid Acer saccharum. There's a bit of figure in there but not much. This bow is all basic and economical materials to create a baseline bow.

My SWAG is 45# @ 28"

-

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2800 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©