Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017 Bow Swap (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: 2017 Bow Swap
canopyboy
Contributor 2017
Member # 24537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canopyboy   Email canopyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So back in October, there were 4 people on Kelly's list still waiting to receive:
Ink
John Scifres
mwosborn
talkingcabbage

Now we're down to three, I must have missed who got a bow. And more importantly who are the three AWOL bowyers?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Posts: 2085 | From: Fairfax Station, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inksoup
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inksoup   Author's Homepage   Email inksoup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did not receive one yet but that's ok for my perspective.

to ease the pain i have an offer: (well actually we kind of like this pain, right?)

1. i can accept the raw materials
2. i can be the last one
3. if it becomes real problem, i can pass this year, which is really no problem to me.
4. i can accept used one. (which is more spiritual to me)

well Kelly, your choice mate...

best.

--------------------
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Posts: 482 | From: turkey | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could talk to Terry about banning anyone from TG that has not shipped the bow they promised.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13326 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inksoup
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inksoup   Author's Homepage   Email inksoup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well my intension was NOT to ban someone. just trying to be helpful here...

--------------------
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Posts: 482 | From: turkey | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beyaz, In every bow trade I've been in(many over the years), here and on PA there is at least one person that gets a bow but never reciprocates. IMO, these trades are to share with others and to help new bow builders build confidence in themselves and their ability to to build bows for others. I don't like the idea banning folks either. If someone in other sales or trades here doesn't come through there are repercussions. I'm just saying that there should be repercussions, whatever that may be...or just live with it.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13326 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ink, any man who signs up for a bow swap, receives his bow, then bails out and doesn't ship out a bow, should be banned. Their name should be posted here also so we know who not to trust in the future.
Posts: 11593 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy I would agree with you completely. It is one thing to have stuff come up and communicate that with the group, it is completely something else to bail without any communication and explanation as to what is going on.

I certainly do not "need" a bow. But it would have been nice to hear from my guy and let me know why he couldn't come through.

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1525 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canopyboy
Contributor 2017
Member # 24537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canopyboy   Email canopyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot can be forgiven with a little communication.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Posts: 2085 | From: Fairfax Station, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KellyG   Email KellyG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I think I have bowyers lined up to help fill the void.
Posts: 4335 | From: Riley, KS | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job, Kelly. This has been tough on you as well as the participants who got skunked.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3087 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mitch, AKA mwosborn... Guess What you are gonna get? [Smile] How does a trilam from Pennsylvania sound? I got your specs, but do you shoot split or three under?

Kelly, let it all hang out here. Post the names of those who screwed the guys in this swap. Why not I say. They had the guts to bail out after they got a their free bow, they should have the guts to take the shame...

Just a simple post of those who have not shipped would suffice.

Posts: 11593 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy, a trilam from Pennsylvania would be wonderful! [Smile] It certainly would find a special place in my bow rack and would see some field time after whitetails. I very much appreciate you stepping up. Could I help out with materials and/or shipping? I do shoot 3 under.

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1525 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

All costs have been covered by two good men on this site. I just gotta build it. Ya ok wif pink dye? I got some left over from a bow I made for KennyM.. LOL

Ok on 3 under. That's my favorite.

mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Another example of the generosity of the people on this site - thank you. [Not Worthy]

Roy - I will trust your judgement on the color. I guess if pink was good enough for Kenny it's good enough for me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hadn't checked in on this post for a bit. Roy told me when he made my bow he had some dye left over from tie dying his undies....

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12197 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©