Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » This was worth the gas. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This was worth the gas.
ffdiggs
Contributor 2014
Member # 36163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ffdiggs   Email ffdiggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took a little trip this week and it turned out pretty good. Scored 22 osage logs, one stave and one set of billets. Also scored 150 port orford cedar shafts and a few other odds and ends including a Asbell Bighorn Ram Hunter longbow that was like new..  -  -

--------------------
"The Man, The Myth, The Moustache"

Posts: 153 | From: OH | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
SPONSOR
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice got them all sealed up?

--------------------
High on Archery.

http://www.crookedsticbows.com/

Posts: 2991 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BMorv
Member # 44848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BMorv   Email BMorv   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I picked up 2 limbs last week after a big storm passed through, and I thought I was lucky.
I'm jealous.

Posts: 91 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised that dodge could haul that much weight. LOL

But that's a great load of Osage.

Congrats.

Posts: 10929 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice haul!!!

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 477 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a good trip! Have to agree with Roy on the Dodge! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1355 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice haul of osage. Some of it looks well aged already.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 12941 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch out Roy, no drooling.
You are counting the lams in those logs
[Eek!]

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1569 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ffdiggs
Contributor 2014
Member # 36163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ffdiggs   Email ffdiggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------

Posts: 153 | From: OH | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ffdiggs
Contributor 2014
Member # 36163

Drove from Ohio to Missouri then Kansas for it, the guy was selling it as fence post. Hey Roy I know what you mean, I'm a chevy guy myself. Borrowed the truck and trailer for he trip. Have some good friends. But it hauled it like it wasn't even back there.

--------------------

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thing ya took the Dodge then. Chevy would have never hauled it.. [Smile]
Posts: 10929 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to take my Chevy to the doctor.....

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

kennysarchery.com

Posts: 11521 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait for it........

It had a Toyota stuck right in the air cleaner and was plugged up. Took that TRD out and pitched in the trash can and ol Chev was good as new.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

kennysarchery.com

Posts: 11521 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ffdiggs
Contributor 2014
Member # 36163

My truck has 209000 miles on it. Love my GM products, The Dodge is just all set up for pulling and better fuel mileage than my 1998 pickup. No new truck in my future until I retire.

--------------------

Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
202000 On my GMC

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1569 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©