Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 56" Static TD (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 56" Static TD
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About a year ago I built this TD for a buddy of mine- he's been shooting it non stop since then. I figured it was time to make another one and add it to my collection.  -
Posts: 1812 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up some wood this spring but for the life of me I can't remember what it is- I do know it's not tiger wood.Since I had various pieces left over from other mosaic projects, I rounded them up and will use them in this riser. The riser is 13" long.
 -

Posts: 1812 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jess stuart
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jess stuart   Email jess stuart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you back again Dave. I was worried you had found and entered a bowyer's rehab, you should know there is no cure for our affliction.
I can't wait to see this one come together it is going to be a real beauty. I have got to get around to trying one of those statics.

Oh and I can relate to not remembering the name of the wood. Seems it is getting harder to remember things all the time.

Posts: 1410 | From: Moriarty , New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always like what David makes

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1734 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave it's going to be a good looking bow that's for sure

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5219 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet start.
Posts: 11073 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Thanks guys- Jess no bowyers rehab either-lol.
I got the mosaics ground and fitted to the riser, I'll add some glue and get it all stuck together.
 -

Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good.

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3097 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's gonna be sweet Dave!!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11829 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Clamped and glued- just needs a little clean up...
 -

Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Next thing I need to decide on is the glass and the core- I have black, green, 2 different browns and clear glass to choose from. I got to thinking about the clear and picked this red wood burl veneer to go with the boo core.
 -

Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Cleaned up riser and lams- I think this will work well together...
 -

Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good David

I like the veneers

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1734 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love redwood burl that's going to look rich

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5219 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ty_in_ND
Member # 43206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ty_in_ND   Email ty_in_ND   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's going to be a sweet looking bow! I'll be keeping an eye on this build along.

--------------------
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Posts: 58 | From: Grand Forks, North Dakota | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©