Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » TACKY (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TACKY
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an osage bow I just completed. She's 65"t/t, pulls 47#@28". Tip overlays are deer antler with red paint and gold polka dots, black patent leather gator skin imprinted handle wrap with lime green serving thread stitching and colored wood beads. The decorative backing is tiger and leopard skin print tissue paper and a gold band. The string is 2 tone D-97 with florescent orange serving and orange sheep skin string silencer. She has an attached leather arrow rest with red leather strike plate.
Pretty TACKY ain't she? [Big Grin]
I going to try to post pics. Hope it works.
 -

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13169 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iím concerned for you. LOL

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1857 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikkekeswick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikkekeswick   Email mikkekeswick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too! Have you been picking mushrooms recently?!?
Haha! It is fun to make something 'different' once in a while!

Posts: 891 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice tiller, Pat.
Posts: 11328 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KenH
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KenH   Author's Homepage   Email KenH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOME people will shoot almost anything!

--------------------
Living Aboard the s/v ManCave

Posts: 655 | From: FL | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. It was a fun project. It's been a couple of years since I've built a bow so I guess I just went crazy with the decorations. She shoots well so who cares what she looks like. [saywhat]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13169 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul/KS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul/KS   Email Paul/KS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dated a gal in Jersey once who had that exact same outfit. But she had thicker "limbs"... [Wink]

Good looking bend on that bow Pat . [thumbsup]

Posts: 1620 | From: N.E. Kansas | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bow, I don't care what these other yahoos say. [Smile] Just keep the string out of the beard. [scared]

What is your draw length? For 66" TTT the string angle looks very low.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2977 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Haven't had a problem with my beard in the string since I gave up compounds years ago.
My draw is 26" but she is tillered out to 28. I normally build bows from 60" to 64" but wanted this one to be longer.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tiller looks good.

Did you steam bend the tips?

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2977 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pat B:
[QB] She has an attached leather arrow rest with red leather strike plate.

All SHE needs is a pink bow. [laughing]

pretty cool Pat

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1863 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bow AND great camo job!!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12029 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1492 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Monterey, I used my heat gun and olive oil for these tips. That's how I've always done it. When I make another recurve with more radical bends I will steam it. On recurves I used a heat gun the belly cracked across grain.. I had to add super glue in the crack then glue on an underlay along the belly side of the recurve.
Mark, maybe pink ribbon wind indicator
Thanks Kenny and Mitch.
...and she shoot good too. [Big Grin]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

trentu
Member # 46708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trentu   Email trentu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! I love it! She would go great with my Christmas sweater. Nice job.
Posts: 1 | From: IOWA | Registered: Oct 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©