Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » What do you guys use to write on glass bows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you guys use to write on glass bows
arachnid
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arachnid   Email arachnid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Friends.
The title pretty much says it all. I`m looking for something better to write on my glass bows (logo, draw weight etc..). What do you guys use?
And when it the best time to write it down? before/after first coat of finish?

Posts: 273 | From: Israel | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolftrail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolftrail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine Acrylic felt pen
Posts: 781 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
web page

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3208 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikkekeswick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikkekeswick   Email mikkekeswick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indian ink or modern acrylic equivalent. You can get whatever style nib you want. It will look professional.
Posts: 937 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crooked Stic:
web page

Thanks Mike

We tested several things with the Thunderbird Epoxy this was by far the best thing we found.

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2742 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave is it easy to use, never used one.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2340 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a pen from another company that has a different nib or point. The one from Thunderbird that I have had back when Dave was still around makes a much better line.

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3208 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by T Folts:
Dave is it easy to use, never used one.

Very easy Terry, Lets talk at the Expo

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2742 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Mecredy   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Mecredy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a dip pen and india ink (I gave up on everything else) I even write letters/fill out forms and such with a dip pen now since I tried one.

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Posts: 2419 | From: Pahrump Nevada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolftrail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolftrail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by arachnid:

And when it the best time to write it down? before/after first coat of finish?

I do it after the second coat then dry the ink with a heat gun, that sets it before coating with water based Polyurethane. A big smear will appear without drying it.
Posts: 781 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©