Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Bow build DONE (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Bow build DONE
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good Kenny!

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3208 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yellowwood
Member # 46790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellowwood   Email Yellowwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny I decided Im just going to make the 64 in. Bow Im pretty much going to replicate your build but Im looking for 47-48 lb @ 29 1/4 in. draw would you recomend the 45 lb stack Im getting to old to pull much more then that in the late season cold ?
Posts: 78 | From: Illinois | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That should be real close to coming in at the right weight for you.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12197 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh , sprayed it yesterday. Mad it pop!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 12197 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mad it pop huh? LOL
Posts: 11590 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow Bender
Member # 8680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow Bender   Email Bow Bender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really looks nice. Have you been able to shoot it yet.
I've got some questions if you don't mind.
1 What band saw blade as far as width and TPI do you use when cutting the riser curves with your radius cutting jig.
2 Do you do any sanding to remove blade teeth marks after the cut or if there aren't any obvious bumps or dips is it good to glue up as is.
3 What blade would you recommend if cutting a tighter 6" radius.

Thanks, Royce.

--------------------
If I'd known that I would live this long I'd have taken better care of myself.

Posts: 23 | From: Somewhere in the Middle of MT | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kennym:
Oh , sprayed it yesterday. Mad it pop!

Didnít happen without pictures. [coffee]

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 805 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zactly.....
Posts: 11590 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Canít find my camera in the sock drawer....

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

LOL ok
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

quote:
Originally posted by Bow Bender:
It really looks nice. Have you been able to shoot it yet.
I've got some questions if you don't mind.
1 What band saw blade as far as width and TPI do you use when cutting the riser curves with your radius cutting jig.
2 Do you do any sanding to remove blade teeth marks after the cut or if there aren't any obvious bumps or dips is it good to glue up as is.
3 What blade would you recommend if cutting a tighter 6" radius.

Thanks, Royce.

Hi Royce,
I run a 3 or 4 tpi x 1/2Ē blade for lams and cut the radius with it too
I do sand off the saw marks but have clamped the risers and not sure Iíd have to.

For a 6Ē radius, you would have to go less than 1/2Ē , donít know if 3/8 would do it but Iím sure 1/4 would

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Bow Bender
Member # 8680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow Bender   Email Bow Bender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny, thanks for the info.

Royce

--------------------
If I'd known that I would live this long I'd have taken better care of myself.

Posts: 23 | From: Somewhere in the Middle of MT | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Canít find my camera in the sock drawer....

Kenny, Hova just called me. He found his camera and is gonna UPS it to ya..

But it Still needs batteries.. [Smile]

kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

You're welcome!!

OK Roy , but it is getting the final coat sometime today so it will be wet, can't take pics then. Gonna be cold tomorrow...... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

C. Johnson
Member # 45480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C. Johnson   Email C. Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notices you cut your string nocks before you glue on the tip overlays. Is there any particular advantage to this method?
Posts: 21 | From: Colorado Springs Colorado | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©