Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » OOPS TOO BIG

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OOPS TOO BIG
joel0711
Member # 46568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joel0711   Email joel0711   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drilling for inserts for site base and picked wrong bit . used a .37 shoulda been .. can some tell me how to plug holes and color green, i have a Kodiak hunter/green.
Posts: 24 | From: tennessee | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id plug it with a dowel and a dab of glue. As far as color matching goes that's tricky. It should be hidden under the sights right? You are talking about installing a set of sights?

--------------------
If I'm breathing, I have nothing to complain about.

Posts: 285 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LookMomNoSights
2017 Contributor
Member # 22273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LookMomNoSights   Author's Homepage   Email LookMomNoSights   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id get a piece of green future wood and a rasp...... and start rasping yourself a pile of future wood dust/grit. Id take that dust and mix it with tightbond 3 and pack it into the hole, trying my best to keep it nice and clean and maybe just a shade above level with the mouth of the hole to allow for sanding flush before finishing. Probably want to mix it to the point where it almost seems like more green dust than glue...... less like a paste and more like a clumpy wood filler.
Posts: 1076 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would get a piece of round stock the size of the drill bit you used, then tap the center to the thread size needed. Any patch you attempt is going to look just like a patch.

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 2069 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow-n-Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow-n-Head   Email Bow-n-Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get bigger inserts.
Posts: 168 | From: Lenexa ks. 66215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©