JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION LISTING FORUM

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » Posting picture issue. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Posting picture issue. Is anyone experiencing the same thing?
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are several lurking issues afoot with both posting images and actually being able to login at trad gang.

POSTING IMAGES

photobucket was the premier free online imaging archive that i happily endorsed well over ten years ago. it worked extremely well, very straight forward with direct copy 'n' paste and no muss or fuss. over time, photobucket decided to change their mission directive from offering a free image archival service to a semi-paying service, and eventually they wanted to enter into social media and compete with the likes of facebook to a fair degree.

as a result, what you have today with photobucket is nothing short of frustrating nonsense since their agenda is clearly all about social media and not about just offering us a quick and easy and free way to archive our images for posting at forums. photobucket is the PITS and a real PITA to get to the core of images so they can be easily posted AND accessed for copying. and their pages of popups and ads is SO annoying - particularly for when i need to grab a hunt image and make it into a "trad gang member of the week". i've come to really hate photobucket.

the clear answer for me was to drop photobucket like a steaming 'tater off the campfire grille and find a better free image archive service. enter www.imgur.com - the best totally free imaging servce i've found to date and have been using for many years. i've got over 2800 images stored with them and without any social media nonsense attached. images are easy to copy 'n' paste, can be stored in albums, are easy to duplicate and replicate anywhere. imgur even has a private mode, for private image viewing, if need be.

FORUM ACCESS

because they are not "real computers", there are known issues with mobile devices such as smartphones and ipads and tablets. mostly it's a browser problem. this is not just about trad gang, but other forums and websites as well. if you have issues accessing or logging into trad gang (or other forums and websites) with a mobile device, but no problem with a real computer, contact the mobile device manufacturer for assistance.

you might want to also check out this forum (our 'trad gang and computers') as folks with similar problems may have found solutions that apply to your device

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 9953 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
Contributor 2017
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob, you are not the only one who dumped the bucket. I still am working on getting images from Imgur to TradGang using my IPad.
Posts: 1999 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©