JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2010 » Bisch's Buck (and more) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bisch's Buck (and more)
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I got to go hunting for a few days this week and faired pretty well. The first afternoon I had a nice buck come in real early, only to get run off by a ranch rat (javelina). That was a fatal mistake by the ranch rat! Here is the pic:

-

After I shot the javi, I waited and only saw one little nubbin' buck for the rest of the afternoon. Then at about 5:45pm I catch some movement under me and there he is; the nice 9 point that the javi had run off earlier. He walked right into my hand thrown corn like it was scripted, and stopped quarterewd away at about 10yds. I let another arrow go and about 100yrds later, here is what I found:

-

-

The next day was uneventfuland no shots were taken. On the third afternoon I broke out my #2 longbow which is a twin of my go-to bow. I had not taken any animals with this bow and was eager to get her christened. Right before dark, a pack of pigs came into the feeder. There were about 20 pigs and it was real hard to tell where one pig ended and the next one began. I thought I was not going to get a shot before it got too dark when one of the little one busts out of the pack right in front of me at about 9yds. I let the arrow fly and now my #2 longbow is experienced in the field. Here is a few pics of the little boar:

-

-

It was pretty good way to end the year and I can't wait to see what 2011 brings!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11676 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buzzcut 125
Member # 26979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buzzcut 125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good shootin!
Posts: 45 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broketooth
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broketooth   Email broketooth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
must be a real special place bisch! lotsa critter got thier pic taken on that deadfall. thats a very handsome 9 point ya got there glad tyo see you got a second chance at him. the javies must have short tempers. to bad that javie's temper got him put on the dinner plate haha. you have had one great season bisch congrats to ya. ruddy

--------------------
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Posts: 1560 | From: new bern,nc | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pj starrett
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pj starrett   Email pj starrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good job buddy
Posts: 151 | From: simpsonville, south carolina | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm glad the pigs and javis let you alone long enough to kill a deer! i love your tree frame for the pictures! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7094 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pitbull
Contributor 2014
Member # 18540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pitbull   Email pitbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Bisch on another season, that log is turning RED. [thumbsup]
Posts: 1397 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
most excellent..

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4102 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leland
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leland   Email Leland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!
Leland

Posts: 822 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fritz
Contributor 2010
Member # 2879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fritz   Email Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to lay em down!!! Congrats, really nice buck!
[clapper] [archer2] [clapper]

--------------------
God is good, all the time!!!

Posts: 1552 | From: Merryville,LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ti-guy
Contributor 2011
Member # 20125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ti-guy   Email ti-guy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pics,congrats and thanks for sharing

--------------------
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Posts: 1849 | From: Lac St-Paul,Qc,Canada | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thumper Dunker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thumper Dunker   Email Thumper Dunker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats super cool.

--------------------
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Posts: 3975 | From: Modesto California | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennyb
Contributor 2016
Member # 23355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennyb   Author's Homepage   Email kennyb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
now, that's very nice! congratulations! [thumbsup]

--------------------
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps
PBS Associate Member

Posts: 831 | From: SE Michigan | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Not Worthy]

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6928 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swp   Email swp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Posts: 2115 | From: Ozark, Missouri | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN   Email GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome shooting!

--------------------
Big River 1pcs longbows 60 47@26
Big River 2pcs longbow 62in 50@26
Big River Flatbow 60in 57@26
Dave Ricke Recurve 60in 47@26
WISCONSIN TRADITIONAL ARCHERS
Neosho Archers

Posts: 653 | From: Wauwatosa Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©