JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » "Quivering" with anticipation!!!! (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: "Quivering" with anticipation!!!!
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to it John.

Trap

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4299 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnnyboy nice to see you post.Good lookig quivers.bowdoc
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks fellas.Been wanting to do this but I am still a liitle computer illiterate.We'll try again with my son's help.Here's an early Detroit quiver with a pot-belly Bear Range patch on it.

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr118/johnnyrazorhead/EarlyDetroitquiver.jpg

Posts: 1317 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,that didn't work out quite right.I'll try another link.Here's a cool three arrow scabbard quiver with green leather backing.It is original and has the small running bear logo.The stitching is not painted green so the leather was green before it was applied to the quiver.Another first for me.
 -

Posts: 1317 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's the above link...John's Detroit Quiver
 -

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4299 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Here's another cool old quiver I got from a former Bear employee.It's not very pretty to look at but it is a rare one.It's a 1st year Rover quiver like the one pictured in the 1955 Bear catalog.Notice it has the small pouch with a snap on the front.All the Rover quivers I have seen have the zippered pouch but this one is just like the one shown in the catalog.Maybe it's the same one,who knows.
 -

johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Thanks Trap.Not very good at this.Here's one more for now,a group shot of some diferent Western quivers of various colors and lengths.Another black & white one.
IMG]http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr118/johnnyrazorhead/Westernquivers.jpg[/IMG]

johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Lets try that one again.

-

Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff. Thought I was the only quiver fool out there, think again. Feeling a lot better about the dozen or so quivers hanging up and not much afield plus getting some idea of what's out there to collect. Thanks

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5082 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Member # 12775

I agree Shaun, this is good stuff. What better way to display arrows and patches and other cool memorabilia.

Glad you're getting the hang of the picture posting John. I'm sure you have lots of great stuff to share.

Thanks for the tour, Trap

--------------------

johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Thanks Trap.I liked this thread from the first time I viewed it.I'm like everyone else and love looking at all these great quivers,new and old.Here's a nice brain-tanned Plains style quiver a friend made for me many years ago from a deer I had shot.She does excellent work as far as tanning,smoking,and even the beadwork.It holds some hand made,flint tipped arrows I made.It's the softest leather I've ever had the pleasure of fondling.
 -

[ March 18, 2009, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: johnnyrazorhead ]

johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Here's the other side.

-

TRAP
Member # 12775

My St. Charles quiver arrived yesterday from Cliff Huntington, but my "lovely" wife made me put it under the tree untill tommorrow morning, so I'm still "Quivering with Anticipation".

She's fun like that. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'll share it with you soon.

Trap

--------------------

johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Looking forward to seeing it.
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry but thats funny Daryl, but I feel for ya. [Big Grin]

Thanks for sharing you quivers John, very neet!!

Brent

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©