JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear B Wood Risers - Serial Numbers - 1969-1972 (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Bear B Wood Risers - Serial Numbers - 1969-1972
Ardent Archer
Member # 16221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ardent Archer   Email Ardent Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Late to the party but here are three more LH woody Bear TD handles for the list...

B-1480 (Type I)
A-1407 (Type I, B stamp)
B-2218 (Type II, blonde)

-

-

-

Posts: 48 | From: Sykesville, MD | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyrazorhead
Contributor 2016
Member # 2042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyrazorhead   Email johnnyrazorhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful risers.And lefties to boot.Nice!!
Posts: 1319 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ardent Archer
Member # 16221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ardent Archer   Email Ardent Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyrazorhead:
Beautiful risers.And lefties to boot.Nice!!

Posts: 48 | From: Sykesville, MD | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ardent Archer
Member # 16221

Thank you...Like an idiot, I sold the A-handle.
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ardent Archer:
Thank you...Like an idiot, I sold the A-handle.

[knothead]

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9156 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FBB
Contributor 2016
Member # 18435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FBB   Email FBB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping to revive this thread. Just picked up another one today. Serial number B-2249, RH, with a stabilizer bushing. Also has the plate in the site window and both bears. It also has the shelf ground low like Fred's bows and makes me wonder how many came out of the factory like that. Of course I'm assuming it was done then. There's also the letter B stamped into the wood at the end of the S/N. It's in a little rough shape but the back story is pretty cool.

I mentioned to a fellow coworker that I had an old Bear TD and he said he had one that he got when his grandpa passed some years ago. Turns out his fathers first job out of high school was at Bear Archery in 1972 or 73 and he helped build this bow and gave it to his Dad (coworkers grandpa).

Basically the latches have some rust on them but the overall finish isn't too bad. I would rather it not have the plate in the site window but it is factory original and the fact I know the story of the bow was just too much for me to pass it up.

Update on this bow. I’ve been working on getting the latches cleaned up and noticed that the shelf had been cut down and come to find out it was done at the factory when my coworkers Dad was making it for his father. Another part of the story for this bow.

Posts: 272 | From: Traverse City, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jim g
Member # 22400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim g   Email jim g   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a wood TD from a guy over 35 years ago,(don't remember if it was an A or a B) he took it over to the factory in graying and had the riser cut for center shot, anybody have that boww or one like it?
Posts: 64 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FBB
Contributor 2016
Member # 18435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FBB   Email FBB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT
Posts: 272 | From: Traverse City, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubltrubl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubltrubl   Email trubltrubl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have LH serial number 1346 B riser with sight window and sights and cover...
Posts: 648 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntsfairchase
Contributor 2014
Member # 11012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntsfairchase   Author's Homepage   Email huntsfairchase   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B-2320 is RH Type 2, stab bushing, factory sight plate, one brown bear, and riser had a crack that was repaired professionally. Formally one of Norm's (Zepnut) bows.

--------------------
"Each one must find within his heart,
a quiet place where he may go.
To find himself and for a space,
drink deeply where still waters flow."

Posts: 309 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DWT
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DWT   Email DWT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone have an idea of where to get a replacment bear for the latch on a type1 I have b-1813 and its missing the upper bear, thank, Don.
Posts: 1178 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©