JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Rare Rastafarian Bow.....Almost (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Rare Rastafarian Bow.....Almost
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found 5 records of 'Bob Morley' born in the US between 1895 and 1905, and who also lived in California at any time. Trying to narrow this down; anybody know a middle initial, or birthplace maybe?
Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
holy crap you guy's crack me up.What would I do without you guy's to kick around a little during the day.I used 17 cow hides praticing and I still ai'nt got it right.bd
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bjorn - I'm certain you know that Morley lived in Barstow at the time he was involved in archery. Have no idea where he was born.

Doc - Your 17 cowhides is well beyond the 4 I've used. Hard to find thin leather with consistent thickness. I've always had lots of scrap pieces.

--------------------
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Wade, yes I did know that and I suspect he was involved with the Desert Archers along with Nubbie and perhaps even HH?
Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Phillips   Email Wade Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nubbie Pate and Desert Bowhunters, what a trip that had to be to go to one of Nubbie's "Tin Can Shoots". The Wilhelm boys sort of rounded out that whole crew of characters.

--------------------

Posts: 2234 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Anybody know if Edwin Pate got the nickname 'Nubbie'
because he only had one leg?
BTW he excelled at football, hockey and obviously archery and hunting. His 'limitation' never held him back.

TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT for Mitch. A fun thread.

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4369 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazynate
Banned
Member # 41944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazynate   Email crazynate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool thread . That's an awesome bow too
Posts: 853 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trap

Thank you I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

Very cool.

Posts: 4795 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain*Kirk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain*Kirk   Email Captain*Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find this stuff fascinating...

--------------------
Aim small,miss small

Posts: 611 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Phillips
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5312

Just now re-read the entire text of this thread, which brought back some good memories from 2009.

Had forgotten how much fun we were having about the time this thread originated.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©