Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » What makes a broadhead collectable?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What makes a broadhead collectable?
WVGrizzly
Member # 45698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WVGrizzly   Email WVGrizzly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a question Ive been pondering on, What classifies a broadhead as tradional, classic, or collectable. I generally hunt with a recurve and Zwickey heads now, although Ive run through some more modern heads as well, I grew up shooting compounds with 3 and 4 blade Wasp Cam Loks, the blue and stainless Bear Razorheads, and Muzzy 3 and 4 blade heads. The Wasp heads are discontinued, as are the Bear heads, the Muzzys have changed styles somewhat, is there a specific parameter to classify the type of broadheads suitable for collecting or are the heads I grew up shooting now just something for the junk drawer.

--------------------
Life goes by too fast not to stop and smell the roses and admire the scenery at times

Posts: 22 | From: Cass, West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All broadheads from the very common to the rarest are collectable. It depends on what the individual wants to collect.

The American Broadhead Collector's Club has over 4,000 broadhead entries in their Broadhead Master List, along with other publications to help the collector.

Several members have published books to help with the identification of glue-on, screw-in and mechanical broadheads, and fish points.

If you are considering broadhead collecting, your first big step would be to join the ABCC.

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2667 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WVGrizzly
Member # 45698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WVGrizzly   Email WVGrizzly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive tried to find a website for the abcc, but failed, how does one go about joining the organization?

--------------------
Life goes by too fast not to stop and smell the roses and admire the scenery at times

Posts: 22 | From: Cass, West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greg Schwehr is the Membership Chairman and can be reached at Gregory.schwehr@yahoo.com

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2667 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Clovis I have is kind of collectable and so is the Pandale stone head. Both found by me.
Posts: 2816 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©