JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Kodiak Magnum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodiak Magnum
B.Barker
Member # 46136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B.Barker   Email B.Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just moved my dad down to my sisters place and he had an old Kodiak Magnum. He bought it used back around 77 or 78. The serial number is KU41826 could anyone help with a date. I'm going to take it to the tradfest in Harrodsburg this weekend and see what the bow doctor thinks about it. I'd like to shoot it but I don't want to break it and some of the fiberglass looks a bit funny. It has sentimental value and I'm glad I was able to get it from him. He had a half dozen Bear arrows with broad heads on them also that I have now.
Posts: 24 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbd870
Contributor 2016
Member # 39974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbd870   Email dbd870   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serial numbers from that time range aren't useful. They moved to FL in 1978 so a Grayling vs Gainesville marking would tell you something.

--------------------
A Grizzly and a SuperMag

Posts: 1001 | From: IN | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wadde
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wadde   Email wadde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The KU prefix in the serial number was used from 1970 thru 1976. 1970 thru 1972 bows had grey glass, 1973 thru 1976 bows had green glass. That should help narrow down the year a little.
Posts: 1004 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B.Barker
Member # 46136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B.Barker   Email B.Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a Grayling made bow and it has the green glass. The 73-76 date is good enough for me. I just wanted an about date. Thanks for the info wadde.
Posts: 24 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wadde
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wadde   Email wadde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to narrow it down a little more. 1973 thru 1975 had white and green glass overlays on the front of the bow and 1976 had green and blue futurewood overlays on the front of the bow.
Posts: 1004 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mullet
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mullet   Author's Homepage   Email mullet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if I remember right the KU is the 70's with the first number the year, thus 1974
Posts: 509 | From: lakeland fl | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B.Barker
Member # 46136

It has white and green overlays thanks for all the info.
Captain*Kirk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain*Kirk   Email Captain*Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a sweet bow!John at Bow Hospital should be able to restore it for you. He will be at KyBowFest this weekend from what I heard...

--------------------
Aim small,miss small

Posts: 608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©